Instead of losing weight I want to shift my way of thinking.

Options
Hey everyone! Im doing my best to renew my way of thinking with my nutrition and using exercise to stay refreshed and renewed daily. I know the benefits will be weight loss but I really want to focus on a mind shift. I hope to find buddies to keep one another encouraged and to keep moving forward as we make this change.

Replies

• kathrynrf89
    kathrynrf89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is what my current goal is too. I’m trying to focus less on the scale and more on making real, healthy lifestyle changes that I can make part of my daily routine.
  • jessimia
    jessimia Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love this!💗 Please feel free to add me 👍🤩 Let’s do this!!!
  • Johndu76
    Johndu76 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Im trying to think this way too
  • WayLessWendy
    WayLessWendy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes. Throwing the "Diet" word out the window shifting more toward making positive changes.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I believe you will find that a majority of people who successfully manage their weight think in the exact same terms. They find some higher goal where weight is simply an afterthought.

Weight is an output of behaviors, so focus on changing your behavior and habits. You have to work on these one at a time and you must also replace a behavior with another.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,387 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the February, 2019 UAC group https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/130876-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2019

New members are accepted up till the 7th of the month - then the group becomes private until ~ a week before the start of the next month. It is a very welcoming and supportive group.

It is a great place to develop self-awareness / accountably habits and shift yourself towards a new sustainable lifestyle. Works no matter what your food plan, exercise strategy, or where you are on your journey (everyone from just starting to nearing goal weight to maintaining for years now)

We have a raft of brand new members also starting this month, a crew that are only on their second month with us, and more than enough olde-timers who can guide you through your transition period.

Hope to see you there.
  • Johnk942
    Johnk942 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You are right on target in terms of an approach to this. Feel free to add me, if you like.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    if you change your thinking, you change your life, good for you
  • anothermfpuser
    anothermfpuser Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good for you! A 'healthy' state of being encompasses more than a number on a scale.