Weight-loss smoothie recipes ideas

Options
bhaney10
bhaney10 Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2019 in Recipes
I need some good weight loss smoothie recipes. I am needing to add more veggies in my diet. I know with smoothies, it can add up to a lot of calories. Today I bought lots of frozen fruit, spinach, carrots, chia seeds, pb powder and Greek yogurt. What is an ideal smoothie look like? Thanks!

Replies

• jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    some times for breakfast. I will soak cup oats in milk overnight in the morning add banana, 1 x TPS peanut butter, 1 or 2 x tsp of coffee. add ice if hot day. You can take out peanut butter if you want less fat , take out coffee if you don't need the boost, and so on. But of course put amounts that suit your needs. I also like to have green leaf veggie mix's on days as well
  • brett553
    brett553 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use soya milk, Greek yoghurt, a scoop of protein powder and big handfuls of kale as the main smoothie. Then add different things each day to change it up. Some almonds or a banana, avocado, PB, oats, raisins whatever I have to hand.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    The ideal smoothie looks like whatever tastes good to you and fits within your goal for the day.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie every morning. Starts my family off with some vitamins and minerals.
    For one person: 1 banana, handful of kale, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen fruit and a splash of oj
    everyone's tastes and needs are different but I love this one.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I usually have a smoothie for breakfast. As a base I always have a cup of unsweetened almond milk, a scoop of vanilla protein powder, and a scoop of unflavored collagen peptide powder, and a couple handfuls of greens. Some days I add in some mixed frozen berries. I also like to make an apple pie smoothie where I add all the base ingredients, and then some cinnamon, and an apple. Today I added a banana and strawberries with the base. If I have PB powder I will add that with cocoa powder and banana (that is really my favorite!). So many flavor options.

Edit to add: my breakfast entry is usually around 300 cal including coffee creamer too.