What's the best piece of motivational advice you've ever been given?

Options
2»

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    found a new one today...

It's going to be hard. But hard is not impossible.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty much along the same lines as OP. I've always been a very all-or-nothing, black and white thinker though trying to work against that. I felt overwhelmed by the amount of weight I needed to lose (over 100 lb).

"If you start now, in a year from now, even if you don't hit your goal, you'll be so much better off than you are right now"

That advice & attitude helped me a lot. It was actually advice for a friend regarding credit card debt but I applied it more to my health & fitness and later, weight loss. I stopped needing crazy fast progress & focused a little more on the long term.

I read this somewhere (probably here) and it stuck with me. I didn't want to be overweight and suck and excersise for yet another year.

Other sayings that help propel me through life:

Perfection is the enemy of good. I tend to want to be perfectionistic at the things I do. Which sets me up to be more stressed then I should be. Being good enough most of the time is better then striving for perfection and only attaining it some of the time.

ANY Progress is better then no progress. Comes in handy when things don't seem to be going well, or are slower then I would like.
  • ShadowyLady25
    ShadowyLady25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I put a picture of the old me (40lbs) lighter on my fridge as a reminder of what I have done once and what i can do again! Week 1 down and a lifetime to go!
  • liveforthis
    liveforthis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You don't need motivation to lose weight.. Making the decision is what it takes...
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    all that eating is fun and games until you cant fit in your jeans.