Depression and Motivation

Options
Hello-I haven’t been on the app in quite a while but most recently since November I’ve struggled with depression and anxiety. I lost 25# in a couple months from simply not getting out of bed not eating hardly anything.

It’s starting to wane but if anyone here has been locked in your own head...you know it’s tough to climb out of the pit. I had to quit my job bc of a constant state of flight (panic attacks) so I’ve really been struggling with purpose.

I decided I needed to start somewhere so I’m trying to get my nutrition back on track.

If this resonated with anyone, please say hello and know that you aren’t alone. <3

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    You are definitely NOT alone! <3

Are you getting help for the depression and anxiety? :)
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Yes. I’m working on finding a couselor that fits me, I’m on a medication for the time being and I’m starting to want to get out of the house again finally.

Good! :)
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hello! <3 You are definitely not a lone. I was stuck in that rut for a year. It gets better, but takes time. Babysteps. Like sitting outside one day for 5 minutes. Or going on a walk up the street and back. Then one day it just clicks. It's great that you are getting back on track and getting that support for mental/nutrition advice whether it be on this forum or family/friends, is a great step that you are taking. xo
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    anxiety is the worst.. I feel for you! I have had bouts of it throughout my life. Your nutrition matters..instead of thinking you're crazy and it is a mental condition. It isn't. external things like diet, supplements.. additives in creams and products can trigger anxiety. what really helped break the cycle of them for me were paying attention to those things and making changes... I also started using essential oils.. lavender to be specific and now peppermint which really work for me.
  • reginakvist
    reginakvist Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Depression is really awful, but you will feel better. My motivation is that exercise is a great anti-depressant that our brains are plastic and everything changes.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I went through a deep depression last Winter after moving to a new city. No job, no friends, and having bronchitis for 10 days was awful. I didn’t leave our apartment for days at a time, and it was a struggle to even take a shower each day!

I’m happy you are getting help and hope the meds give you relief. Please feel free to reach out!
  • 23MJ88DBFan
    23MJ88DBFan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have stuggled with depression, anxiety & ptsd also. I was bedridden for 6 months at a time twice, having to learn to walk again. I'm so sorry you have to deal with the d&a beast as well, and panic attacks are overwhelming- not everyone can comprehend how they take over your mind and body. If you'd like to friend me, feel free, we can support each other through this journey! It's not easy but we CAN do it! 💛
  • jovijo41
    jovijo41 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey I am.new to this chatting system - at 41yr old feel past it but I too am in the grips of depression no motivation and generally just bleurgh.. I am at my heaviest weight and feel so ashamed. I need to get back out there exercise and eat sensibly & regularly can any of you help me with this?? Ultimately I know I need to do it myself but support helps. I have 150lb to lose and want to do it without resorting to surgery.
  • jovijo41
    jovijo41 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    From all these lovely replies this seems the best place for support.
  • arielfigueroa43
    arielfigueroa43 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Ariel I know what’s to be in the pit or like I call it the black hole. I had to take a hobby my hobby is my education so I am 43 years old and at the age of 40 I graduated from high school and left out two years out of school know I started university last October and I am loving it. It’s hasn’t been easy last semester I had some issues with a professor that disrespected me and I was about to loose it and go back to bad habits and I talked about it with my therapist and this semester it’s going much better and I am loving it more. If you ever need to talk to someone that can relate I am here I know how it is to talk to someone that has not been thru deep depression and deep anxiety I suffer from both and my every day is not an easy one. Much success and remember you need to chat I am here❤️
  • LyssieLou
    LyssieLou Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name's Alyssa. I've used this app for a while now but new to the community. Ive lived with depression and anxiety since middle school. I've done the medication, individual therapy, group therapy, outpatient and inpatient programs...currently I'm responding a litte to medication and individual therapy. I would gladly support and motivate you whenever you (or anyone) needed a friend.... please don't forget that you're never alone and someone always cares♡

Thank you for being open and reaching out... I'm not brave enough to start a post about this topic so I'm very grateful you are.

Also I too am hoping that my nutrition will help my mental state and I hope the very best for you....for all of you!
  • 23MJ88DBFan
    23MJ88DBFan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Ariel I know what’s to be in the pit or like I call it the black hole. I had to take a hobby my hobby is my education so I am 43 years old and at the age of 40 I graduated from high school and left out two years out of school know I started university last October and I am loving it. It’s hasn’t been easy last semester I had some issues with a professor that disrespected me and I was about to loose it and go back to bad habits and I talked about it with my therapist and this semester it’s going much better and I am loving it more. If you ever need to talk to someone that can relate I am here I know how it is to talk to someone that has not been thru deep depression and deep anxiety I suffer from both and my every day is not an easy one. Much success and remember you need to chat I am here❤️

I'm all too familiar with the black hole, wrote this while I was "stationed" there once...

wsrecf79rsdf.jpg
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going through stuff too. Depression and anxiety suck! It takes all I have to get out of bed and somedays it just doesn't happen!

If you would like to add me you're welcome to.
  • jesika0731
    jesika0731 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya!