Hungry but over daily calories

Options
Hello,

I’ve recently given up chocolate and am trying to limit refined sugars and stick to my calories. I’m usually 100 or 200 over but not much. Today I’m over a little and very hungry. Is it better to just brush my teeth and go to bed and hope I don’t wake up in the middle of the night starving or try to have a snack?

Thanks!

Replies

• RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Are you possibly restricting your calories too much? Not sure what you've chosen as your rate of loss or how much you'd like to lose, but sometimes people chose the 2lb per week option, not realizing it can drop their daily calorie allowance to an unreasonable deficit; therefore leaving the person hungry.

If that is the case for you, you could always change your rate of loss (ie: 2lbs per week to 1lb per week) and allow yourself some extra calories each day to help fill you up on days that leave you a bit hungrier than others.

If that's not the case....

Do you need to refrain from chocolate entirely? You could always try fitting in a little bit of chocolate into your daily or weekly calorie allowance to help satisfy you. But that is entirely your decision, just throwing that out there for consideration.

Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I’ve recently given up chocolate and am trying to limit refined sugars and stick to my calories. I’m usually 100 or 200 over but not much. Today I’m over a little and very hungry. Is it better to just brush my teeth and go to bed and hope I don’t wake up in the middle of the night starving or try to have a snack?

Thanks!

What are your stats and calorie goal?

How much fat and protein are you eating?
  • BMsJourney
    BMsJourney Posts: 106 Member
    Options

What are your stats and calorie goal?

How much fat and protein are you eating?

This.

But - my personal choice - I would rather eat something than go to bed hungry. (because I tend to wake up in hungry hippo mode otherwise)
    The following day, start really looking at food choices, making sure to get enough protein and fats to stay full within the calorie allowance.

Good luck.

• RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Giving up sugar can really shock your system. Pickles are my cure. When I just need to nosh, pickles.
  • paulbrttn
    paulbrttn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Giving up sugar can really shock your system. Pickles are my cure. When I just need to nosh, pickles.

Came here to say this. Seems to quash most cravings but especially when looking for something sweet.