Finding me

Options
amberbean1985
amberbean1985 Posts: 14 Member
edited February 2019 in Getting Started
I fail at every diet I have tried. I am so tired of it. Anyone have advice??

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Have you tried counting calories?
  • amberbean1985
    Options
    I have been on here off and on. Just have a hard time sticking with it
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    What are your stats? and your goal?
  • amberbean1985
    Options
    Starting weight: 224
    Goal weight: 125

• L1zardQueen
    Options
    Have you tracked your calorie intake? Everyone needs to eat. Open your diary, maybe I can help with suggestions.
  • amberbean1985
    Options
    Today I just started so I haven’t tracked anything
  • kabrina30
    kabrina30 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I’ve been there too. I thought I could never lose weight, that it was impossible. If you find it hard to restrict, put your stats into mfp, choose lose 1 pound per week and eat all the calories it gives you. It’ll be more than you think you can eat while on a “diet.” But do that, stick with it for a month and re-evaluate. You’ll be surprised. You don’t have to be extreme. That’ll just make you quit. Be consistent and persistent and you’ll gradually make progress.

Would it be nice to do it faster? Sure. But going extreme for two weeks then quitting for two months will ultimately be a lot slower than staying consistently at a small deficit.

Also I thought it was impossible for anyone to lose weight. Reading real success stories, those here and a few other places, not on sites trying to sell you crap ... that motivated me so much because I finally realized that it wasn’t impossible.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    How about tracking what you eat for a week or so? See if you can make any small changes. Shaving 250 calories off your intake will make huge a difference in the long run.
  • amberbean1985
    Options
    @kabrina30 thank you for the info and advice I will definitely try it. And you’re right I do it for a little then I quit.
  • amberbean1985
    Options
    @L1zardQueen I’ll try it. I just find some things hard
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound really snotty, but I really don't mean it that way, there's just no soft way to say it:

Don't quit. Keep going until you meet your goal, even if you have to switch tactics a dozen times.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing my husband saying, "If it was easy, everyone would be thin."

1. Start, 2. Don't quit.
  • BMsJourney
    BMsJourney Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You've got some good advice here. How about considering some part goals too? Almost 100 lbs is quite a number to take on in one "go"... Create rewards for yourself... after e.g. 10-20 lbs and so on, to keep motivated?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard?
    You have to give it a chance, it takes time, a lot of time to lose weight but you wont regret it.
    Commit to tracking those calories in faithfully and change will happen.