New to this site and looking to offer and receive support fr

Options
Hey guys - I am new to this site and it was recommended to me by a friend so I thought I would give it a go! Am hoping to gain some friends who can offer me advice when needed, support through the hard times, and a kick up the backside when my self-control begins to waver! I will of course offer the same in return!

I want to (need to) lose about 2 stone (28 lbs) - I managed to lose 21 lbs a year ago but have put on 7 lbs due to the stresses and sedentary lifestyle of university! One of my main issues is eating when I'm bored - and also I have a real issue with exercise - I enjoy it when I'm doing it (and afterwards!) but it's actually getting myself to do it! Stubborn comes to mind...

Anyways...would be great to meet some new, like-minded people to share tips and experiences with.

x

Replies

• SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey guys - I am new to this site and it was recommended to me by a friend so I thought I would give it a go! Am hoping to gain some friends who can offer me advice when needed, support through the hard times, and a kick up the backside when my self-control begins to waver! I will of course offer the same in return!

I want to (need to) lose about 2 stone (28 lbs) - I managed to lose 21 lbs a year ago but have put on 7 lbs due to the stresses and sedentary lifestyle of university! One of my main issues is eating when I'm bored - and also I have a real issue with exercise - I enjoy it when I'm doing it (and afterwards!) but it's actually getting myself to do it! Stubborn comes to mind...

Anyways...would be great to meet some new, like-minded people to share tips and experiences with.

x
    Welcome to the site! You've got a great support group here from all over the world, and I'm sure you'll have no problem hitting your goals!
  • momof2inMD
    Options
    Welcome to the site- I think you will like it! I will warn you though, it becomes addictive :) But it really opens your eyes to what you are eating. Lots of support on here. I would love to be friends if you would like to add me. Good luck to you!
  • Rainbow011
    Rainbow011 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you like....
  • autumnbreeze3
    Options
    Sounds like we're in the same boat, except I'm older than you. I work in an office, so I'm sedentary all day, but it's a mid-level stress job, so I'm exhausted when I get home anyway. Also, I eat when I'm bored, eat out too often, and have a hard time making myself exercise. When I get in a routine, I do pretty well but lately, my routine has been turned upside down. I downloaded a strength training workout routine today and did it. I've already written on my calendar the days I'm going to exercise and what it is I'm going to do. Saying I'm going to do it, I'm hoping will get me to actually do it. Good luck to you and keep me posted on your progress. I need all the motivation I can get.
  • AmyLou_21
    AmyLou_21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the welcome guys!

@autumnbreeze - if definitely sounds like we're alike! I too thrive on routine and hate it when everything gets turned upside down! Although I'm really looking foward to moving in with my fella again I'm also apprehensive since he is not one for healthy eating or exercise - I'm hoping I can stick to my guns and maybe get us BOTH on it! I will indeed keep you posted - and the same with you! Hopefully we can offer each other encouragement!

@momof2inMD - I would love to be friends and have added you! Thanks for the support! I really hope that by knowing I will come here everyday and record my food/exercise it will make me more aware of what I'm doing!

Thanks everyone!
    x
  • SophC7
    SophC7 Posts: 6
    Options
    You will definitely get the support on this site and you will be well on your well to loosing 2 stone using this site! It's so helpful and everyone is so supportive!

Feel free to add! xoxo