Prediabetic and need to make a change

Options
I gained 100 pounds from medication and now I'm prediabetic. Just started the Diabetes prevention program to help get my a1c and weight back down.

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You still have a great chance to reverse this. Start with smart food choices: learn what a serving truly is/buy a food scale, stop for 3 seconds and consider what the food will do to you when you eat it.
    Find an exercise you enjoy and stick to it.
    A low carb way of eating could benefit you. Read up on it to see if it for you.
    Sounds like you have a good plan in place with the prevention program. My only warning would be some of these things get off track where they start trying to have you consume powdered meals. If that happens: run. If they are teaching you how to truly eat properly then you have a legit program.
  • beast_kitty89
    beast_kitty89 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Don't get overwhelmed by everything. Take everything day by day. Learn about diabetes and start making changes to your diet little by little. I agree with what qweck3 says.
  • RMX155
    RMX155 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Low carb is the way to go. One week after eating low carb (30g a day or less net carbs) I was able to cut out half of my diabetes meds. Now 5 weeks in, I have cut out all diabetes meds. My blood sugars are normal every single time I test. And I routinely had levels in the 200's, 300's before. Good luck! My best advice is focus on it now versus waiting because you can reverse this.