• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    what she said above
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    MFP is designed for you to eat them back, but sometimes those calories can be over-estimated. Most suggest eating around 50% back and track from there whether you are still losing to what you set your rate of loss per week.

If you're losing more (ie: more than 2lbs a week when your weight loss is set to lose 1lb per week), eat more of those exercise calories back; if you're losing less, eat a few less and continue tracking, etc..

Good luck!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I only eat them back if I am hungry.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,746 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    They're delish if accurately counted and weight trend or other indications support their existence.

Faster than appropriate weight loss and larger than appropriate deficits are not necessarily good for achieving your goals.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    eat them for tonight's snack. or tomorrow eat 300 (or at least half depending on how you calculated the 300) more.

some people save up some calories over the week for a big meal over the weekend. or a beer. whatever you like.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    @runnergrl1982 is correct. You want to consider at least 150 of those as calories you need to eat but you do not have to eat them today unless you want. If you want to save them you can do what is called banking calories. You save small amounts of leftover calories over a few days and then cash out on a really nice treat later in the week or weekend.

I do this each week. I almost always have leftover calories Mon-Thu and I usually cash out on a big Sunday lunch. If you look at my calories for the week though my deficit remains roughly the same.