Starting back up again! :) But, i have a little question.

Options
I would hope to be at my goal weight by christmas, which is about 120-130, im 5'6. :)
Im at the weight of 155 now, So, that's about 25 pounds to lose by the holidays,
If i'm eating about 1200 calories, a day, how many should i burn through the week, or per day?
*I won't eat back my excercise calories, unless i'm hungry. Thanks for your help! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I went from around 145lbs to now 124 lbs rating 1550 cals a day and eating every single one of my exercise cals and then some in atound 3 monts. I am also 5'6".
  • lalalazzz
    Options
    eating that is not rating
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    3500 calories = 1 lb

you need to have a deficit of 781 calories per day, this is from your BMR. Your BMR can be calculated on this website, under tools.

Go calculate your BMR and then minus 781 from that. That number is the net calories you need to eat every day.

This is just math, and hypothetical, bodies are not mathematical and weight loss is not linear in relation to the number of calories you eat.
    I also am not recommending you eat this amount, I am just saying mathematically, this should work.
  • lalalazzz
    Options
    3500 calories = 1 lb

you need to have a deficit of 781 calories per day, this is from your BMR. Your BMR can be calculated on this website, under tools.

Go calculate your BMR and then minus 781 from that. That number is the net calories you need to eat every day.

This is just math, and hypothetical, bodies are not mathematical and weight loss is not linear in relation to the number of calories you eat.
    I also am not recommending you eat this amount, I am just saying mathematically, this should work.

This is way too much ofa deficit! BMR is cals expended if you were in a coma! Uf you don't eat enough your body freaks out and metabolism slows down etc etc = no weight loss
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    If you want to train while you are on a diet you need to eat at least 1500 kcal a day given that your training equals a calorieburn of 250-400 and you train between 3- 5 times a week. You might be able to hold a diet of 1200 kcal a day and train for a week or two but then you will go crazy and eat your cat, and I speak from experience.
    You want lasting change right? So there is no other way then to be patient and stick with a program that works for you. That means finding out what works as well.
    Its not just about the amount of calories, its also about what you eat in regards of protein, fat och carbs. And also what kind of excersise you chose. Strenghttraining might not make you loose on the scale but you will become more fit and toned.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Huh?! did somebody say they were going to eat a cat? Egad!