Coffee addict:(

Options
Hello all, I am a coffee addict and add skim milk to my 2 large coffees during the day. Any healthy replacement?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    In what way do you consider coffee with skim milk to be unhealthy? If you share what about it isn't working for you, you may get better suggestions. Is it the coffee that is the concern? The dairy? The calories?

There are plenty of perfectly healthy people who have coffee daily. As long as you're accounting for the calories, I don't see anything concerning about it.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I drink a 20oz chai latte every morning. Your coffee is nothing.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Just measure and count the calories from the skim milk.
  • ClaytonsDad1208
    ClaytonsDad1208 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee everyday with half and half and a teaspoon of sugar. I count it and enjoy.
  • karlpm
    karlpm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ugh, can't stand skim milk.

I have full cream milk on my cereal and coffee (though I usually prefer long black)

Just log it and work around it. Might as well enjoy the food you eat.
  • bllaura10
    bllaura10 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yeah 2 coffees is nothing some days I have 3-4 and I use 2% milk as that’s what we buy for our kids to drink. I’m still loosing weight and I really enjoy it so I don’t mind one bit.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,224 Member
    Options
    The 6oz. of hot skim milk I put in each of my 2 daily cups of coffee add a useful amount of protein to my daily protein total, and satisfy my personal tastes. My Northern European genes like dairy foods just fine.

I see no problem.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    2 large coffees. So? Weigh the amount of skim milk you add, log it accurately and honestly, and enjoy your coffee.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I think I understand...

You are unable to get through your day without your two cups of coffee which is what you mean by addicted.

You are looking for a way to cut calories which you believe is healthier. That is an incorrect assumption. A lower calorie substitute might help you on your way get to a healthier weight but that does not make it a healthier food or beverage item.

I might understand but I can't help. I am not a regular coffee drinker and when I do drink it I have it black. Also, I can't stand skim milk. I think of it as milk flavored water and so the only thing I would replace it with is something that has more calories.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a great natural product. Black or with milk it has been drunk by billions for centuries. No surprises from coffee other than fake claims by alarmists.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,423 Member
    Options
    I have had.... At least 45oz of coffee today. Two big mugs with half and half and a travel mug, black. I weigh 100lbs less than my highest weight.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Coffee is not unhealthy and 2 cups a day is nothing to worry about. I have coffee every day, usually 2 a day. Enjoy your coffee, log it and account for the calories as part of your day like everything else.
  • valleylhc
    valleylhc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The world is a better place when I’m caffeinated lol I drink 20 oz Americano with 2 TBS heavy whipping cream and 1 pack Truvia lost 32 pounds so far