Protein....????

Options
I do pretty well with my calories, even better with staying under my daily number of carbs, but I ALWAYS go over with protein.

How is this going to affect me reaching my goal?!?!

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    No worries. The MFP default for protein is rather low. You can even go and change it to something higher like 30%. My Home -> Goals -> Change Goals -> Custom
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I dont think thats a big deal. Largely will depend on how your % are set. Personally I think the standard MFP setting is too low. I set mine to 40%
  • pippy1973
    Options
    protein is good...no worries
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tulipsrbetter
    Options
    I've been over on protein a lot lately too. Especially when I workout really hard... I figure if I put in a lot of effort at the gym that my muscles need it!
  • estinson79
    Options
    I ALWAYS go over on my protein too. I once heard that excess protein causes cellulite in women. Anyone else know about that?
    I have hypoglycemia so I always have to make sure I get enough protein and fiber in my meals, this is my one big hurdle :(
  • ktrautloff
    Options
    Going over on protein is not a bad thing.....and the totals they give you are not 100% accurate. What you really need to concentrate on is a simple equation. Try to remember this: 40%/35%/25%(40%carbs, 35%protein, and 25% fat). Also you can take a free meal once a week if you are just starting and twice a week if you have been doing it for a while and staying in your daily calorie goal (which you don't need to hit exactly, but need to be within 10% of it) My fitness pal shows me needing 1200 calories but in reality to lose weight faster and better I need 1650 GOOD calories. I also need to have a higher protein as my exercises call for it. I hope this helps!
  • pippy1973
    Options
    i have had gastric banding and protein is what we focus on. most of our surgeons recommend 60 to 90 grams of protein per day as our goal. here is an article that you may find helpful...
    http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=50900