21 day fix extreme pilates

Options
Hello! I just got the 21 day fix extreme dvd set. I just loved the first set so well, I wanted to have the extreme set too. But OMG...the extreme pilates workout! I don't like it very well!

I feel all tangled up in resistance bands, and then I feel like a lot of the burn is in my shoulders and arms...I like to feel like my core is on fire when I do pilates.

Anybody else experience this? I think I'm going to not use pilates extreme anymore! I'll just use the original pilates workout or something else.

Replies

• j010219
    j010219 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I never did the original 21DF so I don't know what that pilates looks like... But yes, the extreme pilates is a different challenge. I've come to love it though. You have to start with lighter bands, just to provide a bit of resistance and focus on your core while doing the moves. I have an injured shoulder from a cycling accident, so I usually follow the modifier where my hands stay on the floor. I also find that for the leg moves, I prefer using a loop band instead of the one with handles.