hi there im new :)

Options
hi there, my name is kelly, i signed up quite a while ago but have only just decided to start using it, im still learning how to do everything, and i hope im doing this right :P i have recently been diagnosed with diabetes and servere hepatic steatosis (fatty liver disease) i need to lose about 23 kg to get to healthy weight range, and i have plenty of reason but need motivation to keep it up, as ive struggled with my weight for a long time, currently the biggest ive ever been at 86kg , i didnt even get that heavy with both my pregnancies. i dont have any friends on here yet . i love seeing before and after shots if there are any on here ? anyway feel free to send request as im not sure how to do it myself, but im about to check it out :)

Replies

• shadykins
    Options
    Good Luck Kelly.
    Add me if you like, shadykins
    They are a great bunch of motivated people on here...your going to love it
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Hello!! and welcome! I LOVE MFP!! I was doing weight watchers but this is sooo much better! I've lost 13.6 pounds in 35 days (I'm down 68.6 pounds so far this year!) just from working out 2 hours a day and eating right! I love the healthy eating actually and I have fallen in love with the gym -- it's truly been a lifestyle change for me. Best of luck to you!!
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, im sure once i learn my way round the site ill be ok lol, bit confusing at the moment but im getting better :):smile:
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Good luck Kelly! If you want a supportive friend, gimme an add! :)
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kelly, I have sent you a friend request. MFP has been awesome for me down 42 lbs in 3 months, hopefully you have success too!

And if you haven't figured out how to send a friend request click on the users name above their pic in their posting and you will be able to send a friend request once you go to their profile page.