Your favourite under 500 calorie dinner

Options
What’s your favourite, under 500 calorie, easy to make dinner? I’m bored of eating the same meals and need some inspiration.

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Sea Scallops and orange roughy..most seafood is so low calories. But, I bake those in an oven on a wire rack over a baking sheet with spices. I also add a half of a lemon anti it gets nice and juicy and I squeeze that on my fish and scallops ...eat it with steamed asparagus or spinach.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    tilapia, baked sweet potato with salt (no skin, no butter or sugar), boiled green beans with salt
  • Luababy
    Luababy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks @csplatt and @elisa123gal ! It’s great to get new ideas. I’ve added you both to sneak a peak at your diaries for more meal inspiration :smile:
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    I like bbq chicken
  • newhopeind
    newhopeind Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Lightly breaded tilapia, steamed broccoli topped with bacon bits, low fat cottage cheese, and some sort of sauce. Love going with St Elmo’s Horseradish sauce because it packs a punch and keeps your taste buds wanting more!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Food Network has a recipe for Chicken-Chile Posole that I tried last night, with sliced radish on top, and it was amazing and unique. Tonight, for about 350 calories, i had two publix meatballs (cooked on stovetop), half a cup of parmesan couscous (Near East brand), a cup of green beans with salt, and one little sister schubert roll.
  • nbrady001
    nbrady001 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bowl of sushi rice, half an avocado, one boiled egg, some seafood, steamed veggies topped with siracha mayo, eel sauce , soy sauce and dash of rice vinegar.
  • sryan921
    sryan921 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have a Trader Joe's near you but I love their cauliflower gnocchi. I just mix it with a protein and mushrooms and its less than 400 calories. You can mix it with anything though and it's a low calorie, hearty base.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Two hard shell turkey tacos, with fixings and hot sauce, Spanish rice
  • Luababy
    Options
    Thanks all. I’ve added you all so we can steal more ideas from each other’s diaries
  • alicjakisielewicz
    Options
    Sometimes I have an apple or 2 bananas for dinner.
  • Luababy
    Options
    @alicjakisielewicz Is this to stop eating as much at dinner?
  • dongarvin
    dongarvin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My go-to dinner is pan seared salmon with lemon, a pat of butter, seasoned with a hint of Cheyenne pepper. Add a bag of steamable veggies (the whole bag) and you have a quick low cal, low fat, high protein dinner.
  • willrunformartinis
    Options
    I’m doing Keto and my fav meal is Big Mac Casserole!! So easy to make and delicious
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I’m doing Keto and my fav meal is Big Mac Casserole!! So easy to make and delicious

Oh yes...I forgot about this fab hamburger lover! :p
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Recipe^^^
  • willrunformartinis
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Recipe^^^

https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/big-mac-casserole-low-carb-gluten-free/print/12515/

I cut back on the cheeses and Russian dressing to get under 500 calories. Enjoy!