I'm finally starting to realize that's me in the mirror again!

Just celebrated passing 2 years of successful maintenance after a 110lb loss 2016-2017!
It isn't maintenance to me anymore....it's just life...a life with no need for 2 blood pressure meds, with sugar levels back to normal readings and no desire for cigarettes .....a healthier version of what came before.

Thanks to the MFP community for their (your!) wisdom--> You've helped me more then you will likely ever realize.
Although I wasn't really actively posting questions to the forums, I was reading them and apparently learning consistently from your answers!

t0e3bfqvhzku.jpg

Replies

• luckymommy27
    luckymommy27 Posts: 128 Member
    Wow, awesome job!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Yay! Well done!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    Fabulous!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Wow, you look great. Your former self looks like someone who would have had his own television program on the Food Channel.
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    You look incredible - like a different guy. I love the confidence and health that oozes from the "new" you :smile: I am half way on my journey and I find these pictures and your story very inspirational! Thank you for sharing.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    I would never guess you're the same guy. Great job!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Such inspiring stories like your's are so important for those who are still on their weight loss journey. How did you tackle portion control? Did you ever have doubts losing that extra weight - i.e. did you experience a weight loss plateau at any stage?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Inspired by you sir... just inspired..
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    edited February 2019
    I relate to the title of your post. I understand how great it feels to just look in the mirror and see your old self again. How it is like seeing and old friend..to look like "you" again.. not some version of yourself that fat has created.

. You look amazing and I salute you for your dedication and for mastering maintenance.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    That's a manly kind of sexy.
  • John772016
    John772016 Posts: 111 Member
    Such inspiring stories like your's are so important for those who are still on their weight loss journey. How did you tackle portion control? Did you ever have doubts losing that extra weight - i.e. did you experience a weight loss plateau at any stage?

Learning what constitutes a portion helped, & once I started using a scale, was fairly straightforward.
    I had doubts throughout most of the time I was losing but I kept logging, I just kept moving forward.
    Never really hit a plateau but my loss slowed down substantially near the end which felt like a plateau to me!

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Well done.
  • GettingOld68
    GettingOld68 Posts: 20 Member
    Wow! I hope you feel as great as you look. Question: Do you still track calories on MFP and regularly check your weight? I am a bit anxious about how to sustain "the life" after I reach my goal weight (which is still a bit of a moving target!).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    Fantastic work!

It always amuses me when Before pictures are usually at a restaurant or with food or drink in the picture and After pictures are in active settings with no food in sight. :wink:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Well done :smile:
  • John772016
    John772016 Posts: 111 Member
    Wow! I hope you feel as great as you look. Question: Do you still track calories on MFP and regularly check your weight? I am a bit anxious about how to sustain "the life" after I reach my goal weight (which is still a bit of a moving target!).

Thanks!
    I think it is pretty normal to feel a bit anxious, but you'll find what works best for you.
    Personally I still track calories and check my weight but its become more of a habit then a necessity.