Coffee addict:(

Options
2»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Well I used to drink my coffee very sweet. I decided to wean myself down to a more "reasonable" amount of sugar (I just started using a bit less and less until I got to one tsp of sugar in my coffee which is 15 calories) and then I use some milk. It comes out to about 40 calories total which for me is just fine. Now I absolutely hate overly sweet coffee. So there's that.
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I drink mine with a bit of hot cocoa mixed in because it makes it the perfect sweetness and gives it a nice mocha flavor. I count the calories and enjoy.
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    2 thoughts)
    1) If you are looking to cut calories in your overall day, maybe if you put whole milk, or coconut oil, or something with more fat and calories in your coffee, then you would not need to eat a snack at this time during the day, because you would get that good fat from the coffee.

2) If you do like to eat with your coffee, or you are eating plenty the rest of the day, and that’s why you are wanting it to be lower cal, have you tried unsweetened vanilla almond milk? Good taste and very low cal.
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Typically anything 750ml (3 cups) or less is considered completely safe and has actual health benefits because of the antioxidants that are present in coffee.

More than that per day and it's the caffeine you have to be concerned about.

If it's just the taste of coffee you love, try switching to decaf (water processed, not chemical decaf).

In terms of calories, skim milk is a great choice but as an alternative, I personally use Silk brand Coconut milk or Almond milk just because I want to keep my consumption of dairy down to a minimum.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Did someone say coffee? I'm there!
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Maybe I just like my coffee fairly strong but I put about 30ml of skimmed milk in it. That's around 10 calories. I don't really know what alternative would make much of a difference.
  • LoPotion
    LoPotion Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    *hurries to stash the 4 mugs from yesterday*

I'm half Turkish. I've been drinking coffee since, like, the sixth grade.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I was a coffee taster at Folger Product Research. Talk about addicted.
  • Jeeplet18
    Jeeplet18 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Team Coffee <3
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your team. ;-)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    TEAM JAVA! lol 🙋‍♂️