5'6...What is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    jryepin93 wrote: »
    I started at 216, down to about 180 right now. I have a wider frame (large hips, rib cage) and a good amount of muscle mass so I would probably maintain and feel best at about 150-160.

You may find that as you continue to lose weight your frame is not actually as wide/large as you thought it was. I actually went down a whole shoe size with my weight loss, but prior to that I always thought I just had big feet. I had to buy all new shoes, it was nuts lol.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    5'6" Goal is 140. Ideally size 6-8 pants and DD or smaller bra.
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    My goal has moved further and further down as I drop weight and ackowledge just how much excess fat I still have on my body. My original goal was 175. My current weight is 163. My current goal weight is 130 because I think that’s just how far I’m going to have to go to achieve a healthy waist/hip ratio. I carry a lot of weight in my abdominal section. That is, unfortunately, the most dangerous place to carry excess fat. If I had nice wide hips or carried my weight in my butt or thighs, I’d be happy with a higher weight.
  • hmkiesel
    hmkiesel Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" and my goal is 127-130. 2 years ago I was maintaining there easily. The lowest weight I've been in the past 5 years was 125 and it was not maintainable. currently hovering around 131 so trying to lose a couple more pounds
  • rkcampbell
    rkcampbell Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’6-3/4” (can’t claim 5’7” lol) and my current weight is 192. As of now my goal is 150 and I will reevaluate when I get there.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm thinking in terms of 160. I've been over 200 for at least a decade, so 160 is almost the impossible dream. Once I'm there, I might realize that I can dream smaller (lol).
  • eleanorwells914
    eleanorwells914 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started at 193 and went down to 120. That was about five years ago now. I feel happiest and healthiest between 126-130. I let a little bit of weight creep back on the scales over the past couple of years. Stepped on the scales back at the start of January and weighed 145, cw 136 so not too far to go!
  • AnitaCRice
    AnitaCRice Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, and my goal is 140. I would love to go down to 135, but we will see when (if) I ever get close to there! I have a fairly large frame and was wearing around a size 6 when I was at 140.
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think your age also depends. I’m in my early 60’s and aiming for 140. I worry about how much sagging skin I’ll have on my face if I go lower. I don’t want to look old and haggered.
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" (167.5cm) and my goal weight is 63kg (139lb). Many moons ago, I got down to 58kg. This was previous to MFP and I didn't know how to properly maintain my weight. But I found 60-63kg felt right for me.

When I get to my goal weight, I will reevaluate. I may try to get lower, but I personally doubt it.
  • RaindropT
    RaindropT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and started at 214. My first goal was 170. I'm at 150 now and my new goal is 130. I'm 54 and I may not make it to 130 as, at my age, it's your *kitten* or your face as they say! :) I'm afraid of sagging skin the more I lose weight. So far, it's okay.....but I will re-evaluate every few pounds or so :)
  • samjustwright14
    samjustwright14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’6 and I’m at about 140 right now! I would love to be at 125 but I’ve felt good at about 133-134 too.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 with a small frame. I feel best at 130-132. I lift weights and want to keep my muscle. And, I like to have some softness on my body. If I go under 130, I start to look stringy. Plus, I just don't have the discipline, haha!
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’5.5” and started at 157. Currently I’m at 140 with a goal of 138.

Back when I started I though I’d be soooo skinny at 138 (I’m not). I couldn’t even imagine my body in the 130’s and wondered if my goal was too low (it’s not).

Now, 2 pounds away from goal, I see how much fat I have left (especially in the muffin top area) and I’d like to set a new goal of 132. When I get there, I may decide on 127 which was my weight in early adulthood before having kids. But because I plan to increase my strength training, 127 may not be feasible but who knows? We’ll see....
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 exactly and my lowest weight was 142 a few years ago. I'm currently 154 with my goal being 140 for now. Might change when I get there!!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 currently weighing 68.5kg (149.6lbs) and cutting down to 64kg(140.8lbs). Right now I think I look best around 66kg(~145lbs) though.
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, medium build and pretty muscle-y (IMO). Currently 130; goal weight is 125-126--primarily want the lower goal weight so that when I go on vacation, over the holidays, etc, I top out at 130--but those lbs between 125 and 130---PIA to lose.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" with goal of 122 (skinny fat) or a little more if I gain more lean muscle as I work out more. My main goal is not the number on the scale but to be able to wear my fabulous wardrobe again after a year of stress eating resulted in about a 25 pound gain. I'm excited to be back to MFP where I lost 35 pounds 7 years ago and maintained for 6. I'm down 9 since the beginning of the year, and so happy to be moving in the right direction.
  • fish9283
    fish9283 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we can't "spot" reduce, so I aim for 130 lbs. My face and bust look better when I'm heavier, and my waist and thighs look better when I'm lighter.