Struggling to bulk

Options
I’m 140 pounds and 5,9 I’ve been not as consistent with gym recently but I’ve just started again what would you guys recommend I do if I want to build more Muscle and get my abs more defined ?

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    hm. defined abs = low body fat %

if you bulk you won't have defined abs.

if you want to biuld muscle - bulk (but don't expect abs), then do a cut and the abs will appear. they are there right now, under the fat.
  • patrickrea2002
    patrickrea2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    for my height I’m pretty lean, but you saying I should bulk to build up the ab muscles then bulk to show them?
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    well, it could be that your abdominal muscles will increase in size if you work them out more - ab gainz :)

but yes, in order for them to grow more you will have to eat more. But work everything out, not just your abs.

Then when you cut, you have to cut enough for them to show. Basically get to a very low BF%.
  • lildickybarrett
    lildickybarrett Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    See reverse dieting on youtube, particularly Paul Revelias and Layne Nortons videos, they are backed with real science and experience. Your going to want to weight in everyday and slowly increase your calories until your weight comes up, DO NOT binge, your just going to put on fat a lot faster than muscle.