What is your goal weight at 5 foot tall?

Replies

• Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    I'm just over 5 foot - weigh around 104 pounds. My lowest last year was 101. I weight train and have reasonable muscle mass. Hoping to maintain around 100-107 (can't stay at lowest the whole time - too hard!).
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    I’m 5 ft 1 and weigh around 177-178 currently. I’m not sure what my final goal is yet, but somewhere around 120, most likely. I weighed around 110 when I was 25 (I’m 37 now, so I’m not sure if that’s a realistic goal).

37...you're a baby! I used to be 102/105lbs up to well past 50...it's just the last 20 years I've piled it on but I'm still vain lol

Yeah, I'll evaluate as I go. I'm medium build and have always had a larger-than-average chest. We'll see what happens and what seems manageable down the line. :smiley:

Ah yes, the girls!!....I forgot about those lol :)

Depending on how much you lose and where your body burns the fat from, your cup size may get smaller. I went from a 40DDD to a 32D, but I didn’t lose cup sizes until the last 15 or so pounds. I was mostly losing fat proportionally around by rib cage and breasts, which kept the cup size consistent but made my band size go down.

True. I’m a 36DD right now, but when I’m smaller I’m a 32 or 34 C.

• shazland
    shazland Posts: 63 Member
    I'm 5 foot exactly and I'm usually happy at 125 lbs. I would love to get down to my teenage weight of 120 lbs but at 38 and after having kids I'm not sure it's realistic. It's nice to know there are other 5 footers on here, I'm the shortest person I know (grown up) lol
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,112 Member
    I’m almost 5’1”. My start weight was 176. Current weight is 158. I’m aiming for 135-140 lbs. I am 47 so I think that trying to get to the weight I was in my 20’s may be a bit much. I was 110-120 then. I was 135 a few years ago and that felt like the right weight for me.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited February 2019
    I’m 5 ft 1 and weigh around 177-178 currently. I’m not sure what my final goal is yet, but somewhere around 120, most likely. I weighed around 110 when I was 25 (I’m 37 now, so I’m not sure if that’s a realistic goal).

37...you're a baby! I used to be 102/105lbs up to well past 50...it's just the last 20 years I've piled it on but I'm still vain lol

Yeah, I'll evaluate as I go. I'm medium build and have always had a larger-than-average chest. We'll see what happens and what seems manageable down the line. :smiley:

Depending on how much you lose and where your body burns the fat from, your cup size may get smaller. I went from a 40DDD to a 32D, but I didn’t lose cup sizes until the last 15 or so pounds. I was mostly losing fat proportionally around by rib cage and breasts, which kept the cup size consistent but made my band size go down.

I'd be happy to lose a little. I've already lost a lot. I was a 32JJ (UK, 32N US) when I started losing. I'm now a 28G/30FF (UK) depending on the brand. I'm really not that far off from where I was when I was this weight before, at the end of college, I was wearing a 32DDD, which is a sister to a 30F UK, now I'm a 30FF/28G, so, really close.

Bras are still hard to find because I'm a 28 band now, so I have to switch to a 30 in some brands. My underbust is 28" though.
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    I'm 5', and my ultimate goal is 52kgs (roughly 115 lb), but even if I don't reach the weight I had in my 20s, any progress is positive. I started this journey with 159 lb and am currently down about one third of the way.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Kupla71 wrote: »
    I’m almost 5’1”. My start weight was 176. Current weight is 158. I’m aiming for 135-140 lbs. I am 47 so I think that trying to get to the weight I was in my 20’s may be a bit much. I was 110-120 then. I was 135 a few years ago and that felt like the right weight for me.

I have just turned 47. My age had nothing to do with me getting to what weight I wanted. In fact, I kept losing to be less than I ever thought possible. At 4"11, my initial goal was 121 pounds which was the top of my BMI range and a weight I hadn't been since my early 20's. I got there and decided to push for 110 pounds. I got there and decided to push for 105 pounds simply because it was the weight I was at 18 and was smack bang in the middle of my BMI range.

If you feel that 135 is the right weight for you then let that be your goal and be proud of your achievements because you should be. If you get to that and think you will be better off losing more then you already know what to do. Just keep doing what you did to lose the weight in the first place. Don't think that your age is a barrier.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member

I'd be happy to lose a little. I've already lost a lot. I was a 32JJ (UK, 32N US) when I started losing. I'm now a 28G/30FF (UK) depending on the brand. I'm really not that far off from where I was when I was this weight before, at the end of college, I was wearing a 32DDD, which is a sister to a 30F UK, now I'm a 30FF/28G, so, really close.

Bras are still hard to find because I'm a 28 band now, so I have to switch to a 30 in some brands. My underbust is 28" though.

Try Panache. Their smallest size is a 28D in some styles, and they go up to a K cup.

I also highly recommend doing measurements at bratabase.com, which gives you recommendations.

Also check out https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/. There are far more bra resources there than most people could ever want :)
  • bex1086
    bex1086 Posts: 75 Member
    I'm 5"1 and as of today 113.5lbs but body fat of 28%. My short term goal is 107lbs and 25% fat (by June) and by the end of the year I want to be 100lbs with less than 25% body fat.

I started this time last year at 144lbs with body fat over 30% and got to 110lbs just before Christmas but then put some on following a binge.

I'm getting a bit frustrated at the moment because I'm struggling to get back in the weight loss zone but really need to do something because I look horrible.
  • bex1086
    bex1086 Posts: 75 Member
    I'm 5"1 and as of today 113.5lbs but body fat of 28%. My short term goal is 107lbs and 25% fat (by June) and by the end of the year I want to be 100lbs with less than 25% body fat.

I started this time last year at 144lbs with body fat over 30% and got to 110lbs just before Christmas but then put some on following a binge.

I'm getting a bit frustrated at the moment because I'm struggling to get back in the weight loss zone but really need to do something because I look horrible.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm 5'0" too and my goal weight is 120 lbs. The lowest I have weighed as an adult is 113 lbs and I was too skinny and stopped menstruating. I want to keep my booty and boobs. These last few lbs are SLOW going.
  • 171lake
    171lake Posts: 894 Member
    I am 5’1” and 158 as of today. I started dieting and mfp on December 1st, 2018 and was 172.6 (all time highest weight).

Lightest I had been in five year was 138 and I still could have lost 10+ pounds. 120 is my goal, but honestly will regroup goals once hit 130 since I’m medium boned.

For those of you that have lost weight, is it easier to lose weight in the beginning or did you find that as long as your keep with mfp the trend will go down? Is there a specific point in your weight loss journey it got difficult to maintain steady loss?

This is the first time I’ve tracking for weight loss and I do not want be discouraged and also want it to last for longer than my previous attempts (which involved less than ideal weight loss techniques and choices).
  • sivyaleah
    sivyaleah Posts: 51 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm 5', currently 209. Highest was 242. My current goal is to get to 170(ish). I'm trying to be realistic as I'm nearly 60, lead a mostly low key lifestyle other than the usual running around for work and errands and know myself well enough to know I'll never be into exercising. I can, however, commit to eating better which I've been doing with success and I think at this stage of life have finally realized it's a priority for the the long term.

Throughout most of my adult life I've never managed to get below 170. Every time I hit 169 I'd stabilize at that weight. I'd manage to maintain it for long periods of time too - my weight gains always came about due to accidents that kept me incapacitated for long periods of time leading to poor eating habits and weight gain.

Anyway, I carried the 169 well, everyone thought I weighed a lot less than that so I'd be happy to get around that weight again. It would put firmly put me out of plus size clothing which is, aside from the health reasons for losing weight, my biggest other reason for wanting to do so. I would reconsider my goals at that point in time though, never say never.
  • irskylerisland
    irskylerisland Posts: 3 Member
    I am 5' and currently at 147 lbs. My goal is 132 lbs. I used to have bigger weight gaps as goals (previously my goal was 121 lbs) but that stressed me out so now I have smaller goals.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm 5ft. Currently at 159 lbs and my current goal weight is 126 lbs. Might adjust it when I get there.
  • Peachyp1e
    Peachyp1e Posts: 8 Member
    I’m 5ft currently 108 want to be 102
    “I have a small bone structure”
    ( I’m also only 27)
    We’re recently married and think about children in the future I wanna get strong so 102 might not be reasonable if I’m building muscle but I want to be at my best very for when I have a baby then hopefully after I can get back into it 💪🏼
  • ellags
    ellags Posts: 5 Member
    I'm 5ft, 20, female, 155lbs, not happy and aiming to 103lbs or somewhere a bit higher but with muscle instead of fat
  • jayne7470
    jayne7470 Posts: 87 Member
    I’m 4’11 age 45 weigh 198lb aiming for 140 then will decide if I want to maintain or go lower 😊
  • kate3015
    kate3015 Posts: 6 Member
    I’m 113 now. Have always been around 118-120. My body still has a few pounds left to shed so I’m aiming for 110.

Hope the weight loss goes well. :)
  • kate3015
    kate3015 Posts: 6 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

I have just turned 47. My age had nothing to do with me getting to what weight I wanted. In fact, I kept losing to be less than I ever thought possible. At 4"11, my initial goal was 121 pounds which was the top of my BMI range and a weight I hadn't been since my early 20's. I got there and decided to push for 110 pounds. I got there and decided to push for 105 pounds simply because it was the weight I was at 18 and was smack bang in the middle of my BMI range.

If you feel that 135 is the right weight for you then let that be your goal and be proud of your achievements because you should be. If you get to that and think you will be better off losing more then you already know what to do. Just keep doing what you did to lose the weight in the first place. Don't think that your age is a barrier.

Can I ask how you pushed past and got down to the 7 stone range please? I’m just stuck at low 8 stone despite doing loads of exercise and given up sugar. Hence, joining MFP today. Thank you.