HIIT CLASS how to calculate cals burned?

Options
OK so I've just done an hours class.. Googled how to calculate how many calories I burned to record it in mfp but it says I need a heart rate monitor?
Is there a website to go to where I enter my weight etc and it will tell me? Thanks guys

Replies

• spaghetti285
    spaghetti285 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I just wonder how you did 1 hour of HIIT? HIIT is meant to be like 15-20 mins max?

As for the entering calories, choose something like kickboxing which is high intensity and hope it's rougly about right. You won't ever know unless you use a HRM.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Just log it as Intervals or Circuit training. Exercise cals are always a pretty generalized estimate unless it's something easy to calculate like running. Many of us started out eating back half our exercise cals just in case they were over estimated until we had several weeks of weigh ins to judge if our calories are on point or if we needed to eat back more or less.
  • spaghetti285
    spaghetti285 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,442 Member
    Options
    If it was something like interval training then I would count the workout intervals only as just standing around, waiting for the next exercise to start doesn't really burn much above normal daily calories. Also, a hr monitor only works for steady state exercise, like constant running as your heartrate is still high while you slow down or stand around doing nothing. But an HR sensor is not meant to calculate calories anyway.