Self-Sabotager

Options
I’ve come to the realization that I’m a self-sabotager. As soon as I get relatively close to my goal, I fall off the wagon and struggle for months to gain back my self control and confidence. I’ve lost 75 lbs but when I look in the mirror I still see the overweight, unhealthy person I used to be. Sometimes I wonder if it’s all really worth it. I don’t want food and negative body image to consume my life.

Replies

• The_Ta
    The_Ta Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Body dysmorphic disorder.

You, and only you, have to teach yourself to first be civil to yourself. After you can master not tearing at yourself, you move to learning to compliment yourself.
  • asiaholifield981
    asiaholifield981 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's very hard to pick yourself up after falling off the wagon,this happens to me, after sometimes one over indulgent meal I go on a downward spiral for days or weeks before I pull myself out and start again......very very tuff.......I feel ya girl happens to the best of us.hang in there x
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I can be my own worst enemy when it comes to eating, too. As sit here, it's the middle of the night and I can't sleep. This is a likely sabotage binge scenario for me. But I know if I keep throwing these little bombs into my diet, I'll be disappointed and frustrated with myself yet again. I have the power to control myself if I really want to, so I'm going back to bed. Good night (or morning or whatever.)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options

Of course you look better 75 pounds lighter.
    Of course you must be more healthy being 75 pounds lighter.
    Of course you must move through the world with more ease 75 pounds lighter.

get out of your head and try to think logically ... your minds eye will catch up at some point and will see in a more realistic manner...right now it isn't ..try not to focus on it. and celebrate your accomplishment. losing that amount of weight takes work. great job.