Left WW for MFP, need support!

Options
I found success with WW a few years ago then got pregnant and had a baby. My daughter is now a year old and I no longer need to maintain a high milk production for her, so I'm ready to really focus on my eating and exercise. Due to $$ restraints I've decided to try MFP instead of paying for WW to see if I can do it.

I've looked up what Macros I should be eating, instead of just going off calories. The macros I should be eating give me a way higher Calorie intake than I would have expected. But maybe I have been wrong this whole time thinking the less calories the better? Does 1700 Calories seem to high for weight loss?

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. The amount of calories your body needs depends on your height, your current weight, and your general level of activity.

However, I would question this idea of 'macros you should be eating' - according to whom? The calories and macro split that MFP gives you are fine for most people, and I worry that you might be unnecessarily overcomplicating things.
  • Strange_Fire
    Strange_Fire Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I say listen to your body, any sort of macro calculation I get I always adjust. Good luck! WW is a great program however I was obsessed with food and points on it. Did not have any success last round
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Without knowing more info/stats its hard to say if 1700 is high for weight loss for you - for me it wasn't, I would lose 0.5lb a week consistently eating 1700 calories, I'm 5ft 2, 49 and lightly active if that helps.
    while macros are important, weight loss is all about the calories.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    And I agree with the others MFP's preset macros are fine for most people, I adjusted my fat intake up and my carbs down a little but everyone is different. The most important imo is protein.
  • Kevin_Hassenpflug
    Kevin_Hassenpflug Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I saw your post of wanting more friends - you can add me if you like. If you even want to view my profile on Facebook - I'm only one of three Kevin Hassenpflug's out there.