Is there a difference in my progress pics?

Options

hc99m82ii3q2.jpeg

Hi, I’m currently on a journey of recomp where I’m eating at a slight deficit and doing body weight exercises instead of solely focusing on cardio for the first time in my life. The picture on the right (the tanned one) is from almost 2 months ago prior to these exercises and the picture on the left (non tanned) is today. I believe I can see my waist is smaller and my legs look more toned, but I’m worried that I’m just seeing things I want to see. The scale has barely changed since I’ve incorporated these exercises. Can you see a difference between the 2?

Replies

• katea1998
    katea1998 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also I understand lighting is completely different in these pics
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Your waist does look smaller to me. It's hard to tell about your legs because of the lighting. Keep with what you're doing. Recomp is a long process but worth it!
  • wtxgamecock
    wtxgamecock Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    katea1998 wrote: »
    hc99m82ii3q2.jpeg

Hi, I’m currently on a journey of recomp where I’m eating at a slight deficit and doing body weight exercises instead of solely focusing on cardio for the first time in my life. The picture on the right (the tanned one) is from almost 2 months ago prior to these exercises and the picture on the left (non tanned) is today. I believe I can see my waist is smaller and my legs look more toned, but I’m worried that I’m just seeing things I want to see. The scale has barely changed since I’ve incorporated these exercises. Can you see a difference between the 2?

I had to zoom in, but to me you look more toned in the pic on the left. Your waist looks smaller, your legs appear more toned, and your top looks a little firmer/smaller( in a good way) I hope that’s ok to say.

• Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    "After" photos are more often on the right and wasn't going to comment because your waist does look larger in the right one. Now I see your after picture is the left one. Yes definitely a change. Good job.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I do see a difference. Before reading I was thinking, "I sure hope the before is on the right!" Not only your waist and hips but also your armpits and upper arms look better. In particular look at the curve on the outside of your upper arm.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    waist looks smaller, calve looks more defined (could be difference in flexing &/or angle though). Would recommend sticking to similar lighting and same camera settings for comparison picks (flash vs. non-flash...usually non-flash is more helpful to use to compare). Agreed with others, quad is a bit hard to tell