92 pounds in, I'm stuck.

Options
Hi, all. I started my journey January of 2018. I'm down 92 pounds and I am stuck, and have been for a month. It'll come, I'm sure, but it sure is frustrating right now!

I'm coming to this site hoping to find some mutually supportive folks. In my spare time, I enjoy playing music, camping, hiking, and bicycling. I'd love a friend request or two,

Replies

• theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    that is so hard! sorry for your plateau but it will absolutely come. i'll be your friend!
  • contir
    contir Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you tried this yet, but what I did when I got stuck was lower my daily calories. It was a bit of a struggle, but I got moving again after a week or so. You've already accomplished so much. Don't get discouraged. As the saying goes, 'Rome wasn't built in a day.'
  • meritage5
    meritage5 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What have you done to lose 92? What works for you?
  • dylain909
    dylain909 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Reading about your story reminds me so much of myself..
    I was at my heaviest at 100kg couple years ago, managed to lose about 25kg to 76kg.
    Then i gained it all back.
    But now i’m starting to what i feel like my second “serious” commitment to lose weight since yo yo dieting and it’s really discouraging to have the weight stuck at 88kg :(
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Congrats on your awesome progress so far! I’m under the impression (I hope others weigh in) that weight loss seems consistent and fast when there is ~100lb to lose, and as the goal weight gets closer, loss is slower and sporadic.

For example, for the last 10 lb, it’s appropriate to aim for 0.5lb/wk and often there is no loss for 3 weeks then —whoosh— 3 weeks worth of loss in 1 or 2 days. So the math works over the span of 4 weeks, but it really doesn’t look like it from day to day.

You demonstrated you have the knowledge and ability to achieve your goal. It sounds like you’re doing everything right. Adjusting your expectations as you close in on goal will make the road easier to travel.

ETA link on whooshes +personally, I lose at 0.5lb/wk and stall 2-3 weeks at TOM and lose sharply after ovulation.