5’4” - 5’5” females; what is your goal weight range?

Options
13»

Replies

• 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    5'4" (just!) and I'm 38. Currently at 163 and I feel like I have so much to lose. A few years back I was 129 which I attained with mfp and lots of weights and cardio so it was a lot of effort! At the time I still felt quite chubby, I was a uk size 10, and would have probably looked better 10 lbs less. I have big hips, thighs and bust but a small back and waist. My current goal is 150 then probably 135, then in my dream world 120 but we'll see. At my age it seems so slow to lose anything but by the time I'm 40 I wanna be in the best shape of my life.
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    BMI are based on grouping or according to population trends. I think they are better suited as a guide than something definite. People can look differently at the same weight even at the same height. I'm 5'5 and at what I consider my goal/maintenance weight of 165 (I'm 163 technically) and am considered "overweight." But I couldn't imagine being any or much smaller personally. I am trying to lower body fat which inevitably means that I'll lose more weight....but I am not purposely aiming for that.

Prior to gaining a large amount of weight my body was set at 162 lbs at 5'5. When I was lighter than this I looked ill and many people told me so...this is my goal weight.
  • ItsAJourny
    ItsAJourny Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    aes1219 wrote: »
    aes1219 wrote: »
    I just had my first baby 6 weeks ago. When I delivered I was up to 182 lbs (I'm 5'5"). I am now 150 lbs. I expected my weight loss to slow down since after having baby I lost weight fast, but now my weight hasn't chaged in 2 weeks which is frustrating.

My goal weight range is 130-135 lbs. I may want to go lower once I get there, I will just have to see how I feel.

Thought I would update. I am now 4 months postpartum and weigh 131 lbs. My goal is 125 lbs now and then I will reassess. 131 feels pretty good though!

Awesome and Congratulations!
  • roobella
    roobella Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 180. Aiming to get back to 135-140lbs. That's where I felt happiest before I had my kids
  • cnarine8196
    cnarine8196 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’4’and 176 lbs. I’m miserable. I use to be between 135 to 140 until a couple of years ago.. I’m finally starting to take this seriously. I just turned 47 and I’m thinking it’s harder to lose weight at my age??
  • ItsAJourny
    ItsAJourny Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’4’and 176 lbs. I’m miserable. I use to be between 135 to 140 until a couple of years ago.. I’m finally starting to take this seriously. I just turned 47 and I’m thinking it’s harder to lose weight at my age??

I just wanted to offer encouragement. I have been there (miserable with my weight). You can do this! I am 60 years old and have lost 40 pounds since August and now am a healthy 130 pounds (5 foot 5 inches). You might need to change what you eat and your eating and exercise habits, but you can do this. Good luck!