Starting weight loss on own to lower my current high pre diabetes

Options
Hello, Just getting started here. Planned to journal, so did find this helpful to count up what I ate. Had a good start today, but got very tired about 4 pm. Found drinking some herbal teas helped cravings. Will enjoy reading your reports. Lin

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Good job, chewing sugar free gum and cracking Sun flower seeds helped me from eating to much or over eating. Working on losing the rest of my weight this year to reach my goal about 60 lbs I beleive I can do it, so can you. Keep up the good work. One day at a time :)
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Tea also helps and black coffee hot or iced
  • midgemariemills
    midgemariemills Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I am type 2 diabetes and I have read a few say they are no longer diabetic. That’s my goal. Good luck
  • rkit130
    rkit130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was prediabetic about 15 lbs ago, but still need to lose a lot to reach a healthy weight. I have a long way to go, about 80-90 lbs to lose.
  • rkit130
    rkit130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say that when I'm not hungry which is most mornings for me, I don't eat. Only eating when I'm hungry lets me stay within calories easier. Additionally, keeping busy is a good way to not mindlessly eat when there's downtime. Good luck!
  • jagsgirlg
    jagsgirlg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello there, your post caught my attention! My husband and I have been on the Keto diet since December and have each lost 25 pounds. He has type one diabetes and ever since he’s been on the diet he hardly ever has to use insulin, it’s amazing! I’m so proud of him and you for trying this!
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I use herbal tea and coffee to help cravings off as well!