COFFEE and CREAMER

Options
Ugg I cant get going with my coffee in the morning. I have to have it but I add milk to cool it down so I can slam it plus I add splenda. Anyone have suggestions on creamers with less calories but tastes great?

Replies

• theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you are looking for sweet and creamy, so you can cut the sugar with any sugar alternative you prefer. the creamer can be swapped out however you wish: skim milk (low calories), nutpods (non dairy) dry coffeemate (makes it creamy with no added liquid) low sugar (or low fat) liquid coffeemate or even protein powder/shake to add protein.. i have tried all these options, and my favorite is to just start with how i like it and to step down gently.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I would think the milk and splenda you are using are already lower calorie than creamer. Maybe try skimmed milk?
  • tusshay
    tusshay Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yep I think im going to try skim milk. I was looking at creamers online but I put about 1/2 cup in a 20oz mug of coffee X2 daily. I think any creamer in that amount would just be WAY too many calories. Plus my splenda 😔
    Skim milk for the win 🙌🏻
    Thanks guys
  • LoKoMi
    LoKoMi Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Is your only reason for adding milk to cool it down? If so just make ice cubes out of leftover coffee and throw one or two in.

If you do want the cream flavor, unsweetened vanilla almond milk only has 15 calories per 1/2 cup
  • teresampp9701
    teresampp9701 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk is pretty low calorie.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I use 1/2 and 1/2, no sugar. It's creamy and 2tbsps is only 40 cals.
  • brandigyrl81
    brandigyrl81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't log my daily coffee w/ organic cream. I'm not suggesting you do what I do. Should I log it? Probably. But I feel it's not significant enough for me to really worry about it, and it's not affecting my goals.

I will suggest you use honey to sweeten it instead of Splenda. That artificial stuff is the devil.
  • jimbo8713
    jimbo8713 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started using So Delicious coconut milk creamer. A little higher calorie count than unsweetened almond milk but much more cream like. I really can't detect a coconut taste.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't log my daily coffee w/ organic cream. I'm not suggesting you do what I do. Should I log it? Probably. But I feel it's not significant enough for me to really worry about it, and it's not affecting my goals.

I will suggest you use honey to sweeten it instead of Splenda. That artificial stuff is the devil.

Yeah... no. Been debunked.
  • luckymommy27
    luckymommy27 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free french vanilla! Delicious!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    tusshay wrote: »
    Ugg I cant get going with my coffee in the morning. I have to have it but I add milk to cool it down so I can slam it plus I add splenda. Anyone have suggestions on creamers with less calories but tastes great?

cxlwdcaiaa8b.jpg

s84br9ctbni7.jpg

This is what I use, but I don't add anything else. You can skip the Splenda or any other kind of sweetener, and just add the creamer to the plain black coffee.
  • tusshay
    tusshay Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This looks really good ! I’m going to see if my store has this ! Thank YOU
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Sugar free French vanilla (coffee mate is my fave, international delight is good too) + spenda. Delicious!

I am a coffee addict. I usually measure out my two tbs of regular creamer which is 70 cals. Tbh it’s not that bad calorie wise. I’d rather have my coffee than anything else :D I usually end up only having coffee in the morning because it makes me feel full until about 11. Then I have babybel cheese and V8 before lunch. Personal preference, I guess.