50 and falling apart

Options
working on losing weight and getting in shape in my 50's. I want to work and play until the end.

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Your headline sounds really sad. Hope you’re feeling alright; don’t be afraid to go to therapy or counseling if you feel like you’re falling apart.

Welcome to MFP; I like your goals a lot. Let us know if you have questions!
  • fFinfan66
    fFinfan66 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    55 yrs young,heart attack survivor.80 days straight on MFP,making headway.Hang in there,keep on movin & shakin
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    53 here...Survived a massive hemorrhage at the end of November. Down almost 30 lbs since then and MFP has helped me every step of the way. Believe me, age is just a number... but that number has taught me now that Slow and Steady wins the race! You Got This!!
  • eschmand1
    eschmand1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Understand the sentiment. I am 53 and about 3 years out from bilateral hip replacement. They are fine but my knees are horrible and I am limited in what I can do physically. I added a lot of weight in the past couple of years but really want to start getting healthier. I have had several acquaintenances and friends have heart attacks and blood clots and I don't want to go that route. For me to be successful I have to have my head in the right place and I feel I do now. I am starting at 335 and have set an initial goal of 250 over the next 18 months. I wish you luck!
  • Kamille68
    Kamille68 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    51 here and had cancer a few years ago. Still on medication and my body is tired almost every day. But I'm still thankful for this beautiful life. I want to lose that extra weight too. I'm doing MFP again for 2 weeks and am determined to stick with it this time. Next year I will feel lighter and healthier I hope.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    About to turn 58 and have been on MFP sort of maintaining a 28lb loss and sort of backsliding 10 of those lbs for over 4 years now. Losing weight and getting active make such a huge difference, in my experience, but there are times when the aches and pains predominate, for sure.
  • Johnk942
    Johnk942 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am 56. MFP is helping immensely. I hope it proves helpful for you as well!