Beginning of a journey

Options
Hello, I’m Jon. I’m 35, single, live in Australia and am overweight.
Hope it’s ok, but I’m writing this as an honest message to myself as much as anything - all changes should start with honesty.

I’m a pretty happy guy, live a decent life but feel like I do so without purpose. I get up, go to work in a career I love - I lead a successful business and love watching my people achieve great things, breaking their own personal and professional barriers but when it comes to myself, I guess I don’t care as much as I should.

In 2014 I was so proud of myself - lost 20kg in 8 months on a sustainable routine, same gym and active, became the fittest I’ve been in 10 years. Then I went home for a few weeks, my gym closed and I changed jobs - fell into bad habits. It was a slow change at first, went to the gym 3 times a week, then 2 and pretty soon swapped gym for the pub.

And so over the past 4 years I’ve slowlt regresses. And in January found myself the heaviest I’ve ever been. Not even the realisation I have high blood pressure spurred me into action, it’s like I didn’t really care and “whatever will be will be” attitude took over, as morbid as that sounds.

Not sure what it was but late last year I decided I wanted to prepare myself for a chance. I told everyone I wanted to change, told myself, decided to leave my successful leadership role of 4 years and find a new challenge. On 14th Jan I chose to change my drinking habits and I have. Now I am choosing to be a better me. I will be taking my blood pressure medication again and I will change my diet and fitness routine.

May need help along the way and that’s why I’m here 🙂

Hello, I’m Jon, and I want to change

Replies