Plateaued

Options
Been on the diet at 1200 calories a day since November when I weighed 66.7kg I now weigh 63.4kg but am having trouble getting lower than this. I have had some trouble going to the loo and have been taking fibogel for this. Now going but weight still not shifting. The last two days I went down to a 1000 calories a day.
Can anyone offer any advice. Really need to get down to 60kg within 4 weeks. HELP

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at the same weight?
    Are you weighing and measuring your food using a food scale?
    Why the deadline of 4 weeks?

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Ignore what people above have said about liquid diets and starvation mode. Starvation mode in that sense does not exist; it’s just a comforting fantasy.

I would suspect a problem in your logging. Are you weighing everything you eat, including condiments and cooking oil, vegetables and drinks? And I mean weighing, not using cups (except for liquids)? Have you checked the DB entries you’re using are correct - no ‘home made’ entries by other people, or using cooked rice values for dry rice measurements?
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    The leaner you get the harder it is to lose weight. Re-evaluate your meal plan, throw in cardio. About 30mins a day, few times a week.
  • witchy32
    witchy32 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise. I think I will up the calories (sensibly) and do extra exercise
  • witchy32
    witchy32 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes I use a food scale. I need to lose the weight as I am going to NZ in 4 weeks. I actually lost just Uber a kilo overnight!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Okey dokey then :) Have a lovely time in NZ.