5'6...What is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• OkayKez
    OkayKez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and started at 206. I'm at 185 right now and aiming for 170. Anything lower I think might look weird on me (I have a giant head that looks even more giant when I'm smaller, lol)
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    5'6 here and want to go back up to 125 or 130 lbs again. Currently on 120 but I look too skinny now.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and have been maintaining at 120-125 for the past few years. If I weren't running as much as I do, it would be 130-135. I probably look better at the higher weight, but feel better at the lower.
  • englishmuffinruns
    englishmuffinruns Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I'm aiming for 150 lbs. That will put me at a normal BMI. I started at 198 and hit 167.4 this morning. At 50 years old, I don't want to lose too much and get more wrinkly and saggy!
  • jlgmfp
    jlgmfp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I’m aiming for 118. Current 132ish. Felt good at that weight before.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I’m just shy of 5’6”. My goal is to have a body fat percentage at 20-22%. Based on past experience, that will probably be around 135-140lbs.
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    5'6", 53, and currently 174. I don't mind my size I wear size 10 pants, size 11 shoes, and large shirts. But after losing 100+ lbs, I am squishier than I like, BF approximately 33%. Currently my goal is 160 and restarting Stronglifts this week. My ulitimate goal is BF 25% maybe less because I already don't have a much fat left directly under my skin to round things out and to bench my bodyweight. That is only a gain of 4 lbs muscle and a lose of 14 lbs of fat. Gaining the muscle is the easy part.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I'm not quite 5'7" and my goal is ~130 give or take a couple pounds.

Prior to putting on the weight, I was pretty happy around 128-131. I feel like I have more muscle mass right now, but I wasn't weak then, either, so where I decide to stop may be higher than that. Basically, I've got some fat rolls on my hips and some fatty coverage in a few other areas that need to go. Once those rolls go, I may consider that about right (they're going to be the last thing to leave - and of course, they look HORRIBLE).

Heaviest weight was around 163. Currently at 149. There have been a lot of ups and downs in there, but been on a steady (but very slow) downward trend the last year.

My lowest ever was around 124/125, but that simply wasn't a weight I could sustain (reached it during a 4 month long black belt testing program), but once my activity returned to normal, I was back to the 128ish range.
  • livi_83
    livi_83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 169cms - so around 5'7 I think? Or just under, around the mark anyway.

I've been a variety of weights and shapes at this height - depending on where I was with my life and what my fitness interests where at the time.

Heaviest was 80kgs (176pds) after a period of binge eating - wore a US 12 and did not exercise.

The lowest was 50kgs (110 pds) after a period of NOT eating (500 calories a day). I wore a US 2/4. I hardly ate and I exercised (cardio) compulsively.

A few years later after educating myself a little more around nutrition I was up to 60kgs (132pds) with a mix of light weights (body pump type stuff) and a huge amount of cardio (running/spin). I was about a US 4/6. From memory I was eating around 1500 calories.

A comfortable relationship, pregnancy and then being 'too busy' saw my weight jump to 70kgs (154 pounds) and a US 8. No idea what I was eating, wasn't counting!

Few years further forward has seen me stay around 70kgs (give or take) for awhile now. These days I still run but I lift heavy and consistently. My body has changed a lot in that time - I now wear a US 6/4. I also eat a LOT more - around 2500-2700 (sometimes more, sometimes less - cause life!).

What is my ideal weight? It's where my body is healthy and feels strong. I can't say I will stay at this weight - I might go up a little more as I put more muscle on, only to come down a little as I strip the fat off. So long as I am happy and doing what I enjoy then it's all good to me :smile:

• jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", and I think I'd like to be at 118, that's what I have my goal at now, but I'm still in the 240s, so I'm not sure how that would look on me. I've never been that thin. I have broad shoulders and hips, so I'm not sure if it will be a sustainable weight for me or not. I'm going to give it a try and see where I land as I get closer.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 6 and I'd like to go up to 115 lbs with a bit of muscle not all fat. Although I'm still in Christmas mode in February so if I manage to put any weight on it's definitely not muscle- it's chocolate!
  • Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    5'5 goal is 120!
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wow these numbers seem crazy low to me. I'm 5'6 and when I weighed 115 I looked emaciated and my ribs were showing in my back. A college friend literally messaged me to ask if I had a medical issue at that weight, and I was never overweight to start with so it wasn't even just a huge aesthetic difference. My goal is 130 now, but I still look healthy and relatively thin up to 145 or even 150.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Wow these numbers seem crazy low to me. I'm 5'6 and when I weighed 115 I looked emaciated and my ribs were showing in my back. A college friend literally messaged me to ask if I had a medical issue at that weight, and I was never overweight to start with so it wasn't even just a huge aesthetic difference. My goal is 130 now, but I still look healthy and relatively thin up to 145 or even 150.

I agree with you. I've been 115 and it looked simply too skinny with bones showing at all the wrong places.
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    @purple4sure05 @Anna28518

The healthy weight range for 5’6” is 118-154 I believe, so it makes sense you wouldn’t look healthy lower.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    JustEdie1 wrote: »
    Wow! Maybe my goals are too small, but I’m 5’6 and my goal weight is 155. Currently I’m 160, I’m a spin/aqua instructor, and workout daily (sometimes twice) I can’t imagine life smaller than 155 lol. I enjoy having muscle mass in my quads, and arms that are cut. I also enjoy my once a week Saturday morning donut, Sunday chocolate covered almonds, and daily iced coffee. And no, I won’t cut those out! :smile:

@JustEdie1 what weight are you in your profile picture? You look great there!

My goal is to get back into my skinny jeans from when I was a full time yoga teacher, which will have me at a Low Overweight BMI, and I'm ok with that.

I have a large frame http://www.myfooddiary.com/Resources/frame_size_calculator.asp and the only time I've had a BMI as low as 24 was after 6 weeks of undereating and overexercising during boot camp. (When I first arrived there, I had to get boots and hats from the men's side of the uniforms room because there weren't any big enough in women's. At 5'6", I'm not especially tall. I've always had a hard time buying bracelets. I wear men's shoes as often as I can get away with it.)

(This calculator may be inaccurate for people considerably overweight. I still had a large frame when I had a BMI of 23 when I was in the military.)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Wow these numbers seembso low to me! I feel great at 150lbs although I. Quite muscular I guess. Im 5"7

Ya, my family would do an intervention if I got into the 140s.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Where I'm at right now, I still look "chunky" in pictures. But my body doesn't carry the extra weight very well (apple). I don't feel "fat" persay, but it's not a good look, and I'm still seriously embarrassed in a swimsuit.

I know people who have a good 20 pounds on me who look as "skinny" in a photograph as I do.
  • oneillm45
    oneillm45 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Where I'm at right now, I still look "chunky" in pictures. But my body doesn't carry the extra weight very well (apple). I don't feel "fat" persay, but it's not a good look, and I'm still seriously embarrassed in a swimsuit.

I know people who have a good 20 pounds on me who look as "skinny" in a photograph as I do.

I'm an apple too, and don't carry extra weight well. Even at my lowest weight (about 128) I still had a noticeable belly.