Diet Help Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!

Options
Hello all Im new here and decided to sign up because I'm a little frustrated as I've been dieting and excercising but havent seen any LBS LOST. I do however look thinner and everyone tells me so. But I've been reading how eating too little cals and working out too much can harm my efforts and my body and that's what I really DONT want. Also if someone could explain about eating exercise calories etc so ill break down what ive been doing and hope someone can give me some advice? MUCHHHHHH APPRECIATED!

1. I aim for 1200 calories each day. (BUT I'LL ADMIT I END UP EATING UNDER MOST DAYS ESPECIALLY AFTER I CALCULATE WHAT I BURN OFF IN THE GYM)

2. I work out 4-5 times a week. 3 times a week i do an hour or 2 sometimes of ZUMBA and the other 2 times i do a body sculpt class.

i have a strong feeling Im eating too little, especially after the gym. but I want to know where can I add extra calories without it leading to weight GAIN u know? I really don't know much about the nutritional aspect of dieting. haha.

like today for breakfast I had:
- half a whole wheat pita bread, kraft singles fat free cheese, 2 egg whites and an apple as a snack later

for lunch I ate:
- a whole grilled chicken breast with a side salad...(lettuce and cabbage raw)

for dinner I had (chicken breast, cabbage and half a whole wheat pita bread.) its 9:30pm and after logging it Im like 300 calories below my limit not to mention the fact that I burned probably another 300 at ZUMBA this evening takes my total to like 600 UNDER my calorie goal. but it's 9pm... what else am I suppose to eat at this hour that WONT harm my weight loss efforts? or what can I do during the day?

Please help because after almost 2 months of this im so frustrated and I dont want to hear Im causing my body more harm than good. :( Thanks in advance everyone! lots of love.

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    What I do is log my exercise calories early in the day so I know how many total calories I have for the day- even if I'm not exercising til later. Use the information under reports and what you're tracking to guide what else you should eat. Make sure you're getting plenty of fiber, low sodium, multi grain carbs, a good variety of vegetables.
  • sweetmornings
    Options
    What about adding some almonds, a protein shake or smoothor after you workout.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    For me, I eat 5 - 10 Emerald Cocoa Roasted Almonds at night. It keeps my blood sugar from spiking overnight, and it hasn't hindered my weight loss. i'm finding out personally that I need to eat at the least 1200 cals. I've heard people mention it, and it really does work. At night, eat something with fiber and little carbs or fat.
  • lexypoo1
    Options
    wow thanks everyone for such a quick reply! :D

Hmm never thought of eating nuts and stuff. I always hear of good fats in like peanut butter, nuts, avocado.... but when i look at the amt of fat in them I get scared and opt out! lol forgetting that theyr supposed to be good. so you're saying it's ok to include these in my weight loss diet?

Also you mean having a protein shake post workout in addition to dinner?
  • lexypoo1
    Options
    or would it kill me if i whipped up a quick protein shake now? altho its like 10pm here in Kingston lol