Looking for good breakfast ideas.

Options
Hi
I am looking for some good breakfast ideas so I don't keep repeating the same old oatmeal / fruit , waffles n fruit , etc.
Any favorites out there amongst you.
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kevmandfl
    Options
    Hi
    I am looking for some good breakfast ideas so I don't keep repeating the same old oatmeal / fruit , waffles n fruit , etc.
    Any favorites out there amongst you.
    :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I just posted this a little while ago under the food/nutrition section.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/42125-breakfast-yum
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I made 2 eggs scrambled with sauteed spinach leaves and 1 oz. semi soft goat cheese with a low sodium V8 on the side. 2 servings of veggies in right off the bat and it held me through the whole morning (including 2 hours at the gym!!!).
  • bigdawg62
    bigdawg62 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to oats and I am trying to stay away from breads so I like to eat a lean source of protein and carbs. Almost every day I eat what I simply call scrambled potato and egg.

1 cup Egg Beaters
    1.5 cup of Simply Potato Shredded Hash Browns
    1 tablespoon Olivio spread

In large skillet melt the Olivio then add potato and brown. Once brown pour in egg and scramble, yummy. Its about 500 calories, 24 grams protein and really fills you up!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I love taking frozen spinach, chopped mushrooms, chopped onions, low fat shredded cheese (I prefer cheddar) and pour Egg Beaters over each in a muffin tin. If you want more protein, one slice of Canadian bacon in the bottom of each cup makes for a really yummy addition. This is more low carb than low fat/calorie, but it's still yummy!

You can bake them all on Saturday morning, and eat a couple each day - they keep for about a week. (And it's been awhile, but I think it was 300 for 20 minutes ... but don't quote me).
  • beagle595
    Options
    Grits or Farina are healthy and very filling. I add Splenda and cinnamon. I also eat egg beaters omelet with tons of veggies. Hard Boil egg with 1 piece of whole grain toast. Cereal and Milk never fill me up for long. You can also flip your lunch in place of your breakfast to change it up. Best of luck...:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Today I had 2 hardboiled eggs and 1/2 cup of light vanilla Activia with fresh peaches mixed in. Yummy!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I make a Fritatta on Sundays, cut it up and have it ready. I just nuke one up every morning and put it on an english muffin, toast etc. It is so easy to do and its nice to know its there every morning! Good luck!
  • fiddlechic
    Options
    fage nonfat greek yogurt 6oz, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 cup raspberries or blueberries<200 calories--yum!! lotsa protein too
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    i eat cereal and half a banana with low fat milk- thats my breakfast I eat it at my desk at work- no time to cook in the mornings or is their time for me to eat at my house in the morning
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    thomas light english muffin, fried or scrambled egg (egg beaters), fat free cheese, simply orange juice 4oz. fills me up all th way :smile: