Help! I'm not losing inches only weight

Options
Help! I'm not losing inches only weight. Is this a good or bad thing? I'm 33 lbs away from my goal. I use my totalgym 3 x's a week and run 4x's a week. Any suggestions

Replies

• kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    It will come !
    At least you are losing something. I firstly weighed myself and took my measurements. I weighed myself constantly and have only just looked back on my measurements and I have lose 18cm off my hips xD it will come, you'll see. Stay positive !
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i say if you're losing weight, give it some time and you'll also go down in inches? i don't know if that's even close, i was going to google it but i'm too tired.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I found that I lost inches quicker then I did weight...I wouldn't say that it is a bad thing, a loss is a loss just think of it that way :happy:
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I will say I didnt lose any inches until a significant weight loss... every body adjusts differently and you will see the inches go, don't worry!
  • samiam199
    samiam199 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try changing your diet up a bit. What's your diet like? try lowering your carb intake and that way your body will burn more fat and you'll loose inches
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Try monitoring your body fat percentage. If that's going down even though the measurements don't seem to be you are doing well. Also you might just be off in measuring. I know if I don't do it the same way every time I'll be off by an inch or more.
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    Girl, I'm right there with you. 55 lbs down and I've lost one inch from my waist. Nothing on my bust, my arms, my thighs, my hips.

Maybe we jut lose weight differently :/ I hope there's a good answer in here somewhere.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Could you be dropping fat and putting on muscle? Muscle is more dense than fat, so you could replace fat with muscle and lose inches while the scale stayed the same. Can you measure body fat?
  • brunettebetty
    Options
    I've read that we hold weight in difference places, internally (the most dangerous) and just below the skin. Maybe you've lost that dangerous fat that surrounds organs, which is why you're not exactly losing inches, but getting healithier none the less. Just a thought! :)
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Well, we just need to morph into one person! I've only lost 55 lbs (many more to go), but I've dropped four sizes and tons of inches. I haven't lost a pound in the last four months or so, but I've lost two inches in my waist.

It's like when I'm jealous of the straight-haired people.......... :smile:
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    It may depend on where you are measuring too. I only seem to really loose from one place at a time.Here is my personal experience: first my hips, then my legs, then my arms and then finally 25# later my tummy started to loose inches. My neck has never done anything fyi.

You have probably also lost a lot of the super bad fat that gets around your heart, lungs, guts etc. and I would take that over looks anyday.

Focus on nutrition and get some exercise, for goodness sake please don;t quit now :)
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I have mostly lost weight, but every once in awhile I'll have a sudden drop in inches in ONE area at a time. But - I am losing. I figure it will even out sooner or later.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, at first I lost some inches from my waist but lately it's been pounds and no inches. I have to believe that eventually it will come off there too! :noway: So just keep going! I'm sure it WILL come off. On the plus side, my legs are looking pretty good :bigsmile:
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It's possible you're losing your weight in places you don't measure, like your face, feet, fingers...