Need help picking out cheese!!

Options
I love cheese on my eggs and on my sandwich. I buy Wegman's (grocery store) yellow American Cheese (has 5 grams of fat and 70 calories), but my personal trainer said that I need to cut out some of my fat because that's what I want to lose. I went to another grocery store to look for skim mozzarella or provolone per her recommendation. I tried them at the deli, but didn't like the taste so I settled for 2% Land O'Lakes American Cheese. Well when I got home and looked up the nutrition info I find out that it has 6 grams of fat and 90 calories.

Can someone please help me out with this? I guess if I had to cut out cheese all together I could eventually do that.

Thanks

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Perhaps try LESS cheese rather than less fat cheese?

Low fat cheese tends to taste a little funny, honestly.
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just discovered the laughing cow brand!
    Today I spread one wedge of light garlic & herb laughing cow cheese on my turkey sandwich.......it was sooooo good!!!
    There are several flavors available too.
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow light cheese wedges are without a doubt the best cheese option for dieting but if you're not looking for a spreadable cheese, try Kraft fat free American singles.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I eat the Laughing Cow Mini Babybel cheeses. They are 50 cals each and low fat too. I also eat the spreadable wedges.
  • jendra11339
    Options
    I had the same problem when it came to eggs and cheese. I switched to adding a tablespoon salsa on top of my eggs instead of cheese. My favorite is Newman's Peach Salsa. It adds flavor and moisture. I also stopped adding salt to my eggs.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I really don't consider any of the above to be real cheese... why bother? It's completely freaking tragic, but your trainer is no idiot. Poor poor cheese :frown:
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    lol fat doesnt make you fat.

its good to eat low fat of the unhealthy type of fats. but we need a certain amount of fat in our diets..its great when we get it from healthy sources like olive oil, nuts, omegas etc. our cell walls are lipids and need fat to repair themselves etc.

parmesean cheese and ricotta are very good for you. low in cas