Left Weight Watchers Onto Myfitnesspal

Options
Found I was eating way too little calories on ww. Anyone else have this happen? Giving MFP a try!

Replies

• TinaKay51
    TinaKay51 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No. I was eating too much actually. Beans are protein for some. For me, they act more as a starch. I gained weight on the new Freestyle. Just went to track on apps.
  • mwilloughby43
    mwilloughby43 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have heard it can go either way. For me it was the opposite. Good luck with MFP!
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    So many people succeeded with the Points Plus system. Which was closer to actual calories. Then they introduced Smart Points which was a total disaster. All of a sudden sugar and fat were evil, and a 2 point Fiber One bar shot up to 5 points. Then WW came out with Freestyle, with zero point eggs, beans, chicken. It's almost WW was wanting to make it's users fail. smh.
  • 1963LoriAnne
    1963LoriAnne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too left WW - didn’t work for me. Felt horrible cause I saw so many lose. Good luck
  • mwilloughby43
    Options
    Good luck to you too!!
  • mwilloughby43
    Options
    That is good to know! I'm hoping for the same too! Good luck to you!
  • Mugs203
    Mugs203 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Me too! Too little points - I had so much success on Points Plus - Smartpoints and now Freestyle just dont work for me!
  • mwilloughby43
    Options
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! Was feeling like everyone else on there was losing like crazy and I just didn't know why. Good luck to you here on MFP!
  • zameer86
    zameer86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just came off shake that weight! Was on a meal a day and 2 shakes. I was on 800 calories a day now I'm struggling to eat more as I am worried I will put the weight back on. Also still a stone away from goal. Any tips?
  • mwilloughby43
    Options
    You may go up at first after eating more but I think it will go back down and you will start losing again after a couple weeks. I'd say just keep at it and you will get there! :smile:
  • andreaacerecycle8466
    Options
    I too did well in the old WW points system but this new freestyle didn't work for me as I found if you don't eat chicken or fish there was not enough points left for the variety of food to keep the plan viable. I left WW and find mfp combined with Fitbit is so much better and it's free.
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have done Slimming World on and off for about 5 years now. I’d always lose about 3 stone and then just give up because it wasn’t sustainable for me.
    I was forcing myself to eat foods I didn’t like and wasn’t enjoying eating any more.
    I hate how everything had to be low fat to be low syns and how pasta was “free” and you could eat as much as you want.
    I saw a post not long ago and it was a 3 syn breakfast. I can’t even tell you how much food was on the plate but it = 1200 calories….So im sure you can imagine.
    By it only being 3 syns it would have meant you could have eaten up to 5 plates of that and still have been in your “syn” allowance for the day. That would be 6000 calories…….

Glad I follow MFP now :)
  • mwilloughby43
    Options
    Glad we are all here!
  • cathy_1984
    cathy_1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I did really well with ww about 5 years ago when it was pro points but couldnt get along with flex do came on here. I do better when there are no restrictions but you monitor how much you are eating. So far so good. Good luck x
  • cathy_1984
    cathy_1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I too did well in the old WW points system but this new freestyle didn't work for me as I found if you don't eat chicken or fish there was not enough points left for the variety of food to keep the plan viable. I left WW and find mfp combined with Fitbit is so much better and it's free.

100% agree. I was exactly the same!
  • carriemac9
    carriemac9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I literally just cancelled my WW subscription. I didn’t lose a thing in 3 months. I chalked it up to the 0 point foods that I simply didn’t measure and overindulged on. I’m back on MFP. Good luck!
  • aproulx939
    aproulx939 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    TinaKay51 I gained weight too once freestyle started. I found I was paying $$$ just to be on a program that no longer worked for me. I just started last week with this app and I’m already down 4lbs!!!