Fell of the band-wagon! Advice?

cpelles
cpelles Posts: 1
edited October 1 in Motivation and Support
I was doing such a good job for the past 3 months! I don't know what happened! All of a sudden I've just been eating more and not caring as much. Please give me some advice to keep me motivated. I am going to be a freshman in college and I don't want to start gaining weight BEFORE I've even started classes!!!

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    #1-stand in front of a mirror naked.
    #2-suck it up
    #3-get back to it. No excuses.

I mean this all in the nicest way. Good luck!
  • hang a piece of clothing that you want to wear but doesn't fit by your TV in the living room, or on your door of your bedroom. Fit into them by Freshman year
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    you fell off the wagon i say jump back on it .. sometimes easier said than done ... i would also have to ask what happened that caused you to retreat to eating .. (you don't have to answer me) but if it's your nerves you are prob going to have to settle those first .. not saying you are but for some of us (me included) that are emotional eaters it happens .. i was that way .. again not a diagnosis but you worked hard for 3 months so you know you can do it .. but what else is keeping you from doing it .. make it up in your mind that you matter and yes hanging that article of clothing up will def motivate as well .. feel free to add me as a friend
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    What's more important? The excess food you want to eat or what you want for your body? Jump back on and get back to MFP!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Put on your big boy pants and start. You logged onto the site so the desire is there, you just have to act upon it!
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    And I totally agree w/ neva4saken. Emotional eating can sneak up on you like a monster, so if that's the reason why you started eating again, you might want to address that. have a great first year! Remember you don't HAVE to gain that "freshman 15".
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    i have the same problem... i actually put a sing on my fridge that says ARE YOU ACTUALLY HUNGRY?!?! this makes me think a little more anyway. but in the end you have to decide that you want to do and just do it!! You can do it!! you made it 3 months!! get back to it!
  • Have a WHY that is bigger than the reason you are eating. too many people don't have a strong enough WHY which makes it easy to NOT stay committed to their goals.
This discussion has been closed.