*how to lose the last 5lbs .. ?

Options
Ok! .. so I think i"m stuck a t 125lbs & my goal is to hit 120 .. how do i get rid of these last 5 ?!?!

Replies

• sweetchick06
    sweetchick06 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    More info please. How long have you been "stuck"? How long have you been losing weight, and how much have you lost?
  • liza27201424
    Options
    you could be at a plateau
    where your body is at a comfortable weight
    try working on building muscle to tone up your body
  • asuangel7
    Options
    I was just in the exact same boat! Only I have recently been seeing results by making one major change - I had been following the MFP Carb-Fat-Protein ratio of 60-30-30, but I was plateauing (spelling?) so I decided to cut back on the fat and increase my protein. For example, I switched from 1% milk to skim, and I rely on nonfat regular or Greek yogurt, a boiled egg, etc for a snack. What is your Carb-Fat-Protein ratio looking like?
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat - trying to go from 130 down to 125, and seem to level out between 127.5 - 129.5. I do find this site helpful because it's eye opening to see just how many calories are ingested, and that I need to work out almost every day instead of just 3 intense workouts per week. If you can figure it out, let me know!!!!
  • sarrahh
    sarrahh Posts: 2
    Options
    :)
  • asuangel7
    Options
    Oops, I think the ratio is actually 40-30-30. Sorry, posting late after work is dangerous for me. :-)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Generally you need to keep a minimal calorie deficit as it gets a harder as you near your goal.

Also my opinion from reading a lot on these boards is that sometimes those last 5 pounds are never achievable because the goal is unrealistic and too low, without extreme measures required.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Dont stop eating for one lol. Like someone said up above do so wieght lifting.It will help tone your body. You night not actually lose any weight due to building muscle but you will be able to tel lthe difference.

Since you can lose the last 5lbs change your diet up a little. Different foods more cardio
  • mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Options
    I was stuck for almost 3 months. It seemed forever. I was discouraged. I upped my workout level. Did insanity for 2 weeks, and bam! Down another 2 pounds. I was stuck at 115, then finally hit 113 last week. I was staying below my calorie level too, but when I upped my workout, I also upped my calories, and that's when it started coming back off. May work for you, if you up the intensity level and still eat. I just got tired of nothing happening, but when I realized that several people do so much more exercising than me, I got determined to stick it out. I have since stopped insanity daily, but am still aiming for three times a week. You just gotta have the mindset to stick with it daily, and I've lost that for the time being.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Patience. Lots of patience. Set your calorie goal to 0.5lbs per week. Eat 1 gram of protein for every pound of lean body mass. Work out. Eat your exercise calories. Your body won't release it's very last fat stores unless it's sure it's not going to need them (i.e. it's getting plenty of food).
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I just upped my calories this morning. Since I started, I've had my goal set at 2 pounds per week, but I've been losing the same 2 pounds now for too long. (My ticker says 26 pounds lost...if you add up those see-saw pounds, it's probably close to 40 or so...:laugh: ) So I changed my goal to 0.5 pounds per week, which gives me an extra 200+ calories per day. We'll see what happens - I'm a bit nervous about this!

I do 30 minutes of circuit training almost every day (w/ a DVD). Taking a rest day feels weird - it's so routine now for me to get home, change into my workout clothes and go to it that it's hard NOT to.