Good heart rate monitors?

juggalotus
juggalotus Posts: 227
edited October 1 in Fitness and Exercise
Anyone know of a good, but yet cheapish, heart rate monitor? It must count calories burned as well. Thanks!

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    what's "cheapish"? I've been really happy with my Suunto. I think you can get them for $150, maybe a bit less depending on the model.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Don't go too cheap. I tried that - Timex, Sportline...both lasted a year at best. You can get a simple Polar FT4 for just a bit more and it will last for YEARS!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    New Balance N4. Under $50 on Amazon.com. Love it!
  • love my Polar FT7. Paid about 70+ dollars on amazon
  • walsh888
    walsh888 Posts: 8 Member
    i also love my polar ft7.....in my opinion polar is the best brand
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    I just used my Polar FT7 for the first time today and the heart rate was right with the pulse numbers I was getting from the machines at my physical therapy office. It has calories burned as well. In the stores, it is $110. The FT4 has the Calories Burned and Heart Rate and was $90 in the stores. Both are about $20 cheaper online, but I hate to wait and wanted it for this week. It's really cool!!! I've been told by many that Polar is the top brand.
  • juggalotus
    juggalotus Posts: 227
    Thanks guys! I guess i am going with the FT4 or FT7....found em for about 60 bucks on amazon. awesome! thanks again :)
  • sarahbeatty
    sarahbeatty Posts: 11 Member
    Does the polar ft4/ft7 listed on Amazon, for the lower prices, actually come with a chest strap? I can't find where they are included.
This discussion has been closed.