Starting The Journey

Options
I've recently started my weight loss/healthy habits journey. I gained a lot of weight due to a disability and finally decided it's time to work on getting back some sense of self-control in my life. I have a long path ahead of me (150lbs), but I'm hopeful and motivated for myself and my family. I'd love to hear from others working on losing a significant amount of weight and those dealing with mobility issues as well. My wife and I are both avid cooks (she is a working chef), so we have a distinct advantage going forward that I am grateful for. I love sharing recipes and ideas with others. Each joyful moment we share with each other is a step forward in our journeys together.

Replies

• carlyjayney1980
    carlyjayney1980 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi CoffeeDaze.
    I too am overweight and have mobility issues. I had a hip replacement in October due to Hip Dysplasia and although I am recovering well, it is slow and I still need surgery on the other hip so exercise is limited and i will mostly be focusing on diet. Again, like you my other half is a chef and we both love cooking and im always looking for new healthy recipes to try. I find that sharing your journey with others in a similar situation is a good way to stay motivated.