Favorite Books

Options
Hey all,

I am starting a book a month club with some friends on facebook and have picked out a few books already. I want to have 8 fitness/nutrition/etc books and 4 personal development. Also open to inspiring stories/biographies as well...

I am looking for your recommendations...
We are starting with Food Rules by Michael Pollan

Others on my list already are
Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet
Jillian Michaels Master your metabolism
Diabesity

Personal Development
Slight Edge - Jeff Olson
Goals - Brian Tracy
Push - Chalene Johnson (due out in Nov. '11) or do her 30 day challenge

Would love your thoughts!

Replies

• AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I recently read the book Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand (?) and it was simply amazing. I was so inspired by this man true life story, that I often think of his life and what he overcame and accomplished to push me through my own.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Be sure to read "Diet for a New America" by John Robbins. It's a classic and was very groundbreaking when it first came out. :smile:
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venutto it's an ebook but he's got a print book as well, The Body Fat Connection
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I just finished Jillian Michales Unlimited. It's pretty good. It covers the more mental aspects of going after what you want in life. I really liked how she emphasized the importance of meditating on the things you want in life down to every last deatail and how that will put you in a frame of mind to be able to pursue it. She made alot of sense in terms of defining what you want in life. I guess it would fall under your persnoal development category.
  • MostlySunny
    Options
    Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver (and family) is a wonderful book about nutrition, and eating organic foods. It is written throughout the span of a year from three different family members, and includes recipes.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,279 Member
    Options
    The China Study
  • Midnightsun04
    Options
    bump! Love reading, I recently read Skinny ***** and Food Matters, I am now currently reading Fast Food Nation. I like them all!
  • Midnightsun04
    Options
    ^That book is called Skinny B*tch