Counting points and MFP

Options
Is anyone else counting points and doing MFP? Points is easy but I feel MFP is giving me a broader, healthier picture. At the same time I don’t want to give up the ease of points plus it’s what my husband prefers. My brain is about to melt. 😜

Replies

• Kamille68
    Kamille68 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Why would you do double
    ? If you think MFP works why should you pay for counting points(if I'm right and you also join ww)
  • merylsmom
    merylsmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So, I am a couple pounds from goal on ww and I double track because I need a better handle on the data. Zero point does not equal zero calories and so while I have improved my habits somewhat, I benefit from the “slap on th wrist” about a poor food choice. A friend was serving chocolate chip cookies from Panera when we met for coffee this week. If you told me the cookie was 18 points, I knew I could skip it. But, at 440 kcal, something made me think I could have it instead of lunch.
    The time it took me to lose also gave me time to incrementally improve my behavior. My habits weren’t the worst, I was 15 lbs over a BMI of 25 but I have felt my body change with age and the points system reflects adapting to that change gradually in a way that I couldn’t grasp with just kcals. I am happy for people that find their way! I just needed a remedial class in nutrition for my midlife body. With a side of support group, lol.