New School Year GYM RANT!!!!

brittg7
brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
edited October 1 in Fitness and Exercise
I HATE THE START OF A NEW SEMESTER!!! and only because the gym gets PACKED for like one F***ing month with dumb *kitten* freshmen boys who dont know how to lift damn weights, females who just do nothing but strut their tiny *kitten* around the gym, and people who think they can KINDA workout and get results so they take up freaking equipment like CRAZY!!!!

I HATE IT!!! GET OUT OF MY F***ING WAY SO I CAN DO MY GOD DAMN WORKOUT!!!! AHHHHH cannot wait for freaking October to be here when everyone who is a JOKE stops going to the gym and its kinda back to normal....

OH and to the dumb *kitten* freshmen boy who wore a freaking button up shirt to the gym...GET A ****ING T-SHIRT ALREADY!!!!!

--End Rant

Replies

• summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    I feel this way every January. It's great that you want to lose weight and all, but research HOW to workout before you start taking up machines and wasting time.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    I concur! :smile:
  • AZTrailRunner
    I noticed it this week at the local YMCA in the evenings. Let the circus begin.
  • Yeah, I know that feeling, and my other gym gets packed from January-Early March with the New Years Resolutions crowd. I know it's them trying to better themselves and aren't we all trying to do the same, but it's frustrating at times when they aren't using the equipment like they need to be (ie: walking 1mph on the treadmill while they are talking to their friend or standing in front of equipment while they talk for 20 minutes)
  • Thats so true..! I couldn't even move without running into someone today. It was horrible.
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    OH GAWD I FEEL YOUR PAIN!
    ****kkk. And they take up gym equitment for like, a month, then they quit and dont even get the full credit.
    THEY SIT ON THE ONLY MACHINE OF ITS KIND IN THE WEIGHT ROOM, SO YOU NEVER GET TO USE IT.
    YES I AGREE< GET THE **** OUT OF MY WAY
    Now you got me all riled up about this...and my school year hasnt even started.XD
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    My favorite is the guys that put MASSIVE weights on the bar for a squat, and then do a little wiggle up and down a few times then think they are done.

Or the guys that barely lower the weights when benching. Thats an AWESOME workout... ;)
  • brittg7
    My favorite is the guys that put MASSIVE weights on the bar for a squat, and then do a little wiggle up and down a few times then think they are done.

Or the guys that barely lower the weights when benching. Thats an AWESOME workout... ;)

i have actually told a guy who was benching he had to go lower or he wasnt really doing much for his chest and should get off the bench...he got mad at me...i didnt care i wanted the damn bench
  • MissDwood
    MissDwood Posts: 108 Member
    Omg tell me about it!! I do work study at the on campus gym and it was crazy...girls coming in with little tiny shorts and bras to "workout" and then they get mad when i tell them they cant come in smh its crazzzzzyyyyy!!
  • AZTrailRunner
    There are always people who I genuinely want to help, for their sake, but unless they ask I just leave them be. I mean, how do you tell the guy walking on the treadmill at 10% incline that he's not really getting the workout he thinks he is with that death grip on the handles?
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    I once joined my employer's fitness center, and although I had done some weight training in high school gym, I had never used equipment like theirs before. I went around the weight room trying out different machines, feeling pretty proud of myself when I was done. Then one nice woman took pity on me and explained how I had been using a couple of the machines completely wrong... and violating a few of the unspoken rules about machine use, too, rules that I didn't even know existed. After she explained it to me, I was mortified. Everyone there had been laughing at me, or saying "what a dumbass" to each other, instead of being a decent human being and taking 5 minutes to show me the right way to do things. It had taken all my courage to walk my fat self in there among the Beautiful People in the first place, and then my worst fears were realized: I was mocked and embarrassed. I never went back.

So please have a little compassion for those who aren't as naturally fabulous and knowledgeable as you. I know it's not your job to educate every clueless freshman who walks in. But you could try offering the newbies a helpful suggestion instead of a rude snicker.
  • Onetwo_bre
    Onetwo_bre Posts: 43 Member
    I feel your pain. I haven't started classes yet (we start the end of September) but I always HATE the beginning of the year. I always try to avoid Mondays and evenings. I've noticed early mornings till about 3 are the best times to go. I have noticed the people are more serious, and there tends to be less of them, so if you can fit it into your schedule at those times, I would definitely try to go then. Sorry about your frustrations. I hope your gym thins out faster than normal.
  • lovelyfacex3
    lovelyfacex3 Posts: 68 Member
    I once joined my employer's fitness center, and although I had done some weight training in high school gym, I had never used equipment like theirs before. I went around the weight room trying out different machines, feeling pretty proud of myself when I was done. Then one nice woman took pity on me and explained how I had been using a couple of the machines completely wrong... and violating a few of the unspoken rules about machine use, too, rules that I didn't even know existed. After she explained it to me, I was mortified. Everyone there had been laughing at me, or saying "what a dumbass" to each other, instead of being a decent human being and taking 5 minutes to show me the right way to do things. It had taken all my courage to walk my fat self in there among the Beautiful People in the first place, and then my worst fears were realized: I was mocked and embarrassed. I never went back.

So please have a little compassion for those who aren't as naturally fabulous and knowledgeable as you. I know it's not your job to educate every clueless freshman who walks in. But you could try offering the newbies a helpful suggestion instead of a rude snicker.

This is a really great point. I remember going to the gym and trying to do an honest work out when a gym junkie beef head turned, snickered to his friend and asked, "What is it? Free trial membership for the week or something?"

It's hurtful sometimes especially when you're just trying to get started!
  • Avalonis

Actually, I have a serious problem with that statement. I've tried to "Help the newbies" all the time when they were doing things that actually could cause serious injuries, and I was sneered at or rude to back.

So now my opinion is They can go f__k themselves and I'll mind my own business. You wanna workout? Learn to use the internet to look up workouts.
  • brittg7

as i posted back on here earlier i have said something before to someone and i got attitude back...im not gonna tell freshmen boys how to lift they are 18 and by now they should either know how to lift weights and what to wear to the gym or go get a personal trainer for gods sake...and the females are WORSE im sorry but no 18 year old girl is gonna listen to me when i say ONE they need more clothes on or TWO they need to actually SWEAT to get a workout they dont care...its a social hour for people im in college rarely do they take it serious... and if you dont know what your doing ask for help i did tonight when i didnt know a certian workout or when i needed a spot...
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    The only time I get annoyed is when they sit on the mat (one of only two) or a piece of equipment and chat or text on their cell phone, doing nothing. Or they're chatting to a friend, doing nothing.

I've been known to ask them if they are actually going to use said piece of equipment because I've been waiting and need that one next.
  • I've seen many guys go to my apartment gym and exercise wearing button up shirts, blue jeans and loafers. Many women come in and go on the treadmill (walking speed) for no more than 8 minutes and call it a day. I'm of the belief that if you can still breathe fine without opening your mouth and you aren't sweating, then you haven't done a workout.
  • Avalonis
    I'm of the belief that if you can still breathe fine without opening your mouth and you aren't sweating, then you haven't done a workout.

Aint that the truth!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    i am so happy i don't really share the gym with college kids. while the gym i go to is on a college campus, you actually have to pay for this one. there is literally a gym right next door that is free, so i think most of them use that! although my husband goes there sometimes and says it sucks. BUT i feel your pain! hold out just for a couple months! :D
This discussion has been closed.