hrm advice pls

Options
i have bought a few hrm's on line but the 1st 1 had no chest strap and the 2nd didnt store age, sex or weight and i did not like theses, my local lidl had one in and it had a strap and stored all info, it was fantastic but i have lost the chest strap, i dont know how i have managed 2 loose it in a 1 bed flat!!! So as i cannot get hold of another 1 from lidl i was looking through Argos i seen the Polar FT1 Heart Rate Monitor, is this any good, if any1 has used this can u tell me does it store personal info and if it doesnt have a strap how does it monitor your heart rate, and does it say how many cals burned? there is also a Polar FT2 Heart Rate Monitor but they seem the same but the FT2 is more expensive. :bigsmile:

Replies

• sheils8
    sheils8 Posts: 57
    Options
    I dont know about the FT2 but I have the FT4 and it is pretty awesome. I couldnt live without it!
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    I have the Polar F4, too, and love it!
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have one from Lloyds Pharmacy which has a chest strap and asks for age and weight, it gives quite an accurate calorie burn. When I bought it it was on offer from £19.99 to £14.99. I wanted a cheap one to start with to see how I got on with them and was going to buy a better one but so far I've not needed to, it's great value :smile:
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I have one from Lloyds Pharmacy which has a chest strap and asks for age and weight, it gives quite an accurate calorie burn. When I bought it it was on offer from £19.99 to £14.99. I wanted a cheap one to start with to see how I got on with them and was going to buy a better one but so far I've not needed to, it's great value :smile:
    whats the name of the 1 u got from Lloyds pls? thats a very good price.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    ive also seen this 1 but im not sure if it tells the cals burned Kinetik Heart Rate Monitor.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    I dont know about the FT2 but I have the FT4 and it is pretty awesome. I couldnt live without it!
    does this have a chest strap and store weight n sex etc, ive seen it on amazon but it doesnt tell me these details?
  • TWallace75
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT7 off eBay today for $75 (USD). It stores age, weight, sex and calculates calories burned for a given workout. It also stores your last 99 workouts in the watch. It comes with the chest strap.
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    whats the name of the 1 u got from Lloyds pls? thats a very good price.
    It's their own make, it has Lloyds Pharmacy on the box :smile:
  • fieldfare
    Options
    I got a Polar FT4 a few weeks ago - it's got a chest strap and is coded which means it won't display readings from other HRMs if, say, you're at a gym. You enter the user details (weight, sex, height, age, workout zone etc) and it has a choice of displays while you're using it - will show exercise time and current time, or heart rate only in large numbers, or heart rate and training zone, or calories burned. You can set an alarm to beep if you want an audio warning you're out of your training zone but I prefer this off. Can check the time easily while working out by holding the watch near the strap. Workout info is stored in files for access later, along with time spent in your training zone for that period.

We shared an older Polar model, F6, before buying this new one so we could have one each. F6 stored a little more info like body fat percentage and weekly totals, nice to have but not really necessary for us. Polars have a great reputation and the battery and chest strap on the F6 still hasn't gone flat after over two years. Cost more but worth it imo.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar FT1 and FT2 don't count calories.. so if thats what your looking for, then don't get one of those.

I would also steer away from the 14.99 one... I can just imagine the kind of calorie count it gives....

Personally, the Polar FT4 or FT7 would be the best bet.. look on amazon and e-bay.. they have good deals.
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have the f4 and love it! It has far exceeded my expectations! It has a chest strap and is very accurate. I strongly reccomend this hrm!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    right decission made im gona get the polar 4, ive heard nothing but good about it and i see 1 on amazon for £50 so ill get it with my nxt pay. and i will NOT loose the strap 4 this 1......or the watch! Watch me find the last strap when i get this 1 in!!!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    right decission made im gona get the polar 4, ive heard nothing but good about it and i see 1 on amazon for £50 so ill get it with my nxt pay. and i will NOT loose the strap 4 this 1......or the watch! Watch me find the last strap when i get this 1 in!!!
    sorry 4 got 2 say thanx guys 4 all ur help.x