Need some P90X motivation!

Options
I tried P90X a couple years ago and failed miserably... i wasn't in shape to even finish a tape... and lost motivation within a month... now i've been doing Jillian michaels tapes and feel the best i have in a long time... so i'm thinking about trying it again... but i need some serious help staying motivated! Can anyone help me???? PLEASE! :)

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    P90X is a extreme workout for people that are REALLY fit, I can't do all the dvd's yet, I take it slow and I try to do all the exercises even if I can only do a couple of reps on each of them, each week I try to add more to the reps until I'm either ready to step it up or increase weight.
    The key is not to lose motivation, its extreme and I've friends that are extremely fit and struggled through some of the dvds on their first tries, so do it at your pace and don't stress if you can't do the same as the guys on TV, with dedication you'll get there for sure.
  • paleochora
    paleochora Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My advice is to stick with P90X & do the DVd's as it is a nicely balanced programme. But....
    use a light weight
    in the DVD's where they do 2 sets of the exercise, just do one.
    in the ab ripper DVD set a goal of 5, or 10 reps what ever you can manage, then rest on your mat while they complete the exercise, then start again with then on the next ab exercise.
    In the cardio set your goal to finish the whole DVD ie spend 1 hour on the exercise but march in place, just keeping your feet moving when you get too tired or if the exercise is very hard for you.
    Good Luck :)
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    As Tony Horton would say, "Do your best, and forget the rest." Don't be discouraged, just do what you can . It will all fall into place soon enough and you will be doing much more than you originally expected
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    well i started today with core synergistics and could actually finish the dvd!!!! super excited right now! thank you all for the words of encouragement!
  • jlucei7
    jlucei7 Posts: 7
    Options
    Good job Rebecca! That's a tough one ;)
  • amydales
    amydales Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am really impressed with your motivation and attitude! That is the best part of this site, seeing others get excited about changing their lifestyle is so encouraging to me, and helps me to remain or refocus. Keep it up!!