Crockpot weekend Stacy's Pot Roast

Options
Hey everyone!

Here is my Pot Roast Recipe and I have it loaded to share the nutritional content on this site. Just put in Stacy's Pot Roast in the add a meal on this site and nutrition for this meal is there for you.

2.5 lbs Pot Roast (Rump roast, bottom roast something that falls apart easy)
1 Cup chopped onion
1 Jalapeno Pepper
.5 tsp Oregano
.5 tsp Basil
.5 tsp Thyme
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika (I'm trying my Mother-in-laws find from Hungry)
1 tbsp Garlic
2 Beef Bouillon Cubes
1 Cup Carrots
1 Cup Frozen Peas
1 12oz Can of Corn
6 Small Potatoes
6 Cups of Water
Cornstarch to thicken the broth

I put all in the crockpot except carrots, potatoes and peas. Cook on medium for 4 hours then add the vegetables cook for 2 more hours. Just before serving I will add cornstarch with a little water and mix with the broth to thicken up the gravy. Depending on if you want it thick or more soupy will depend on how much you want to add.

I am off to ride my bike for 2 hours if the rain stops and dinner will be done when I return. I have instructions for the teen and husband to add the vegies about 2pm this afternoon so when I return I will finish the gravy.

Stacy

Replies

• ltsoccermom
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Here is my Pot Roast Recipe and I have it loaded to share the nutritional content on this site. Just put in Stacy's Pot Roast in the add a meal on this site and nutrition for this meal is there for you.

2.5 lbs Pot Roast (Rump roast, bottom roast something that falls apart easy)
    1 Cup chopped onion
    1 Jalapeno Pepper
    .5 tsp Oregano
    .5 tsp Basil
    .5 tsp Thyme
    1 tsp pepper
    1 tsp paprika (I'm trying my Mother-in-laws find from Hungry)
    1 tbsp Garlic
    2 Beef Bouillon Cubes
    1 Cup Carrots
    1 Cup Frozen Peas
    1 12oz Can of Corn
    6 Small Potatoes
    6 Cups of Water
    Cornstarch to thicken the broth

I put all in the crockpot except carrots, potatoes and peas. Cook on medium for 4 hours then add the vegetables cook for 2 more hours. Just before serving I will add cornstarch with a little water and mix with the broth to thicken up the gravy. Depending on if you want it thick or more soupy will depend on how much you want to add.

I am off to ride my bike for 2 hours if the rain stops and dinner will be done when I return. I have instructions for the teen and husband to add the vegies about 2pm this afternoon so when I return I will finish the gravy.

Stacy
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks. Sounds delicious. I loooooooooooooooove crock pot meals. Now I just need to get a roast! :flowerforyou:
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    ummmmm, looks like this could be dinner tomorrow night....Thanks.:flowerforyou:
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have searched in the database for your pot roast nutritional value and it comes up no results found.
    What am I doing wrong? I'd really like to try this recipe but I need the values so I can stay on track.
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    Sorry I thought I had shared it with all.

Nutrition Facts
    Stacy's - Pot Roast
    Servings: size 2 cups
    Calories 480
    Sodium 457 mg
    Total Fat 10 g
    Potassium 1739 mg
    Saturated Fat 3 g
    Total Carbs 46 g
    Polyunsaturated 1 g
    Dietary Fiber 7 g
    Monounsaturated 4 g
    Sugars 4 g
    Trans 0 g
    Protein 51 g
    Cholesterol 116 mg

Vitamin A 67 %
    Calcium 6 %
    Vitamin C 77 %
    Iron 41 %
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

You might have to re-enter these numbers but here it is! Let me know if you find it under Stacy's Pot Roast if not when you add the numbers please share with all. Sorry!

Stacy

We have left overs for 1 more night!