Any Vegetarians on the site?

Options
I'm a vegetarian and just wanted to see how many of us were using myfitnesspal.

Replies

• nicamsgb
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and just wanted to see how many of us were using myfitnesspal.
  • eammarx
    Options
    I am vegetarian. :)
  • mightygrinko
    Options
    yep :bigsmile:
  • christahollis
    Options
    me too
  • laurahbass
    Options
    me too! vegan
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Holla!
    Just made the switch a few weeks ago... I'd been eating 99% vegetarian for more than a year anyways, lol.
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i've been vegetarian for about 11 years now
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    well i'm considering it, i'm just more and more grossed out by the food - even non -animal products.. it's just a shame what they put in our food !

I don't like red meat so much anyways.. we don't eat it in my house often, but i'm thinking of cutting the chicken and turkey .. convert to fish- i don't know how much " vegan " that is considered , but i do what i can..
  • vikuSSka
    Options
    well i have been pescetarian for 3 years but i would like to become veg soon:smile: I can see my fathers face:laugh:
    i hope he will get through it:wink:
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in becoming one from an energetic, health, earth and save the planet type of viewpoint. I think you are lighter and more in tune or harmony when you eat this way. I hear the methane gas from the livestock is a problem to the planet and a huge consumption of resources. Also animals fed GM grains and corn must be unhealthy!
  • spiritmi
    spiritmi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    been one for 18 years now...
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    vegan here!
  • lolakey
    Options
    me too!
  • nicamsgb
    Options
    yay, nice to know there's alot of us.

I weighed myself today. =) i've lost 25 lbs since Jan 1st.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    an other one here....
    for 3 years and would never ever go back !

cheers :drinker:
  • iclimbmountains
    Options
    9 years veggie, 1 year vegan.

Never /ever/ will I decide to eat meat again. Very occasionally I will eat animal products that I /know/ came from humane sources (I have friends and neighbors who raise chickens that just meander in their yards as free chickens, and I'll eat their fresh eggs), but never the meat.
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm what I call a lessatarian. I probably eat meat twice a week. My BF is a vegegarian and that's pretty much how we eat.
  • runningdevil
    runningdevil Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am pescatarian, meaning I eat no meat except the occasional fish. I went vegan at first (last summer) but couldn't hack it. Then I added fish back into my diet simply so that I would be able to eat something on the menu when dining out (everyone serves FISH!)...lol. Where I live, there are no vegetarian restaurants or many veg friendly menu items, and also no health food stores! BOOOO!

Anyway, congrats on your weight loss. Keep up the good work!
  • spiritmi
    spiritmi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    wow, nicam, 25 pounds is great!!!...keep up the good work...