It’s been years since I lifted weights.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    :noway: Gain fat?
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I've known women who work for years just to get that slim, muscular look...and it's a good look in my opinion. Whatever you do to achieve this rather uncommon goal, just take care that you aren't harming yourself in the process, starving yourself etc...

Good health > desired aesthetics
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose, @lemonginger35 ?
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Just a thought OP - any steps you take to reduce arm muscle are going to impact other muscle in your body as well. Your heart is also muscle...just sayin...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Most of the time when women have "muscular looking" arms it looks like it has more to do with having such little fat to cover it up... at least with the women I have seen. Are you really skinny/low body fat? If you haven't lifted weights in years I really can't imagine your arms look that muscular though lol.. you are your own worst critic. And the grass is always greener... I have skinny little girl arms and always wished to have a little bit of muscle on there.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    It’s been years since I lifted weights.

You must have amazing genetics.

Stop using your arms all together then? I can't imagine wanting my arm muscles to atrophy, so I'll just say embrace all that you are and losing fat will trim them down a bit.
  • Opalescent_Topaz
    Opalescent_Topaz Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I wish my arm muscles could just hang out without having to do anything... Livin' the dream.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Stop lifting things heavier than a mascara tube ;)
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I totally covet lean, muscular arms.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I want it to look thin & girlish.

Ride a bicycle "a lot" the bumpy road just destroys arm muscles.
    Mine are non existent.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!