Carb attack!

Options
Help! I have been trying to lose weight and doing pretty well in the eating department except the last 2 days i have let myself fall into emotional eating and for some reason my comfort has been italian bread toast with butter..i feel like im killing myself with carbs and screwing up all of my effort! What kind of workout is best for a post carb binge?? Also we are doing biggest loser at wprk and we weigh in on fridays zo i gotta hit it hard this week....though i do have a 3hour roller derby practice tomorrow but by then all of this will be distributed and my weight will be on its way up 🙄

Replies

• modustee3
    modustee3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thabk you everyone im feeling better...im not restricting any certain food geoyps, just cutting back on sugar and carbs. Im just very in need of a mental health day from work and getting home i let out a relaxed sigh and start making toast and savor it lol! It isnt as bad as i think, honestly but i felt overwhelmed by letting myself go crazy and the guilt after since ive been doing so well. Thanks again! Onward!
  • phill_143
    phill_143 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    modustee3 wrote: »
    Help! I have been trying to lose weight and doing pretty well in the eating department except the last 2 days i have let myself fall into emotional eating and for some reason my comfort has been italian bread toast with butter..i feel like im killing myself with carbs and screwing up all of my effort! What kind of workout is best for a post carb binge?? Also we are doing biggest loser at wprk and we weigh in on fridays zo i gotta hit it hard this week....though i do have a 3hour roller derby practice tomorrow but by then all of this will be distributed and my weight will be on its way up 🙄

This is terrible and you should be complaining to HR about it. 'Biggest loser' competitions encourage unhealthy rates and methods of weight loss, and can trigger eating disorders; particularly in anyone who has previously had an eating disorder, which you and HR would not necessarily know about.

They're also inherently unfair, as the fatter someone is the faster they can lose.

I'm also willing to bet that your contest is not taking into account that the weight of a menstruating woman can go up no matter how fast they're actually losing fat, because of period-related water retention.

Agreed.

I used to work in an office where (goodness knows why) some of the guys had an ongoing competition to see who had done the 'best' poo of the day.
    They had a chart, an over-thought-out scoring system, extensive side notes... but thankfully, no photos.

I thought this was a teeny bit inappropriate for an office... but would find a poorly structured weight loss competition even more embarrassing and less office-friendly!
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Echo on the "biggest loser" bad idea stuff. It was a bad idea for the people who did it on TV and a huge money-maker for those who propped that *kitten* up.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    As long as the Biggest Loser competition isn't official or mandatory then I don't see it as too big of a problem. Also as long as it's all done in fun, not taken seriously and people understand that the 'winner' isn't necessarily, really the most successful at losing fat.

I demonstrated this when I they did one of these competition's at a place I worked at years ago. I deliberately maintained my weight during all the weigh ins. Then, using a combination of being male, by far the heaviest, a strict calorie/carb reduction in the final week and a weight cut in the last 48 hours was able to win the competition by a good margin. I of course refused the prize because I'd just gamed the system to prove a point rather than compete in a fair way or in the spirit of the competition.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I had to adjust my carbs in mfp- frm 40 C/30P/30F to make mine more carb heavy- I just love my fruits and veggies, pasta or bread etc- so I now do 50C/ 25P25F- may still change it- more carbs keep me more filled- esp. slow buring carbs- BUT there is no reason to go low carb unless you WANT to do it
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I make a double serving of homemade oatmeal every chilly night and sleep so good. I save enough calories to have my 300 calorie splurge.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Carbs, the breakfast of champions!